Manager – Sports Team
Acting as a main contact for client, managers oversee and manage daily PR activities including media collaboration, press release, interviews, reports, etc. Proactively build up and maintain relationship with top tier media and KOL (sports, youth, sneaker, lifestyle etc), and consolidate media recommendations to client. Generate high-quality, on-time deliverables to our client.
- Manage client expectations, programs and deliverables
- Work with client on tactical issues
- Project management to ensure good execution of storytelling strategy, project timeline, media story development, recap, etc
- Participate in client meetings and presentations (as needed)
- Contribute to program planning and account management by researching budgets, attending brainstorms, and managing purchase orders, as directed by supervisor
- Initiate good communication angles with strong storytelling and build good relationships with key media/agency/KOL.Draft media relations materials, conduct media outreach and follow-up
- Understand key media and be able to explore new media for Gen aeration Z
- Draft pitch letters, abstracts, profiles, press kit materials and releases
- Proof and edit client related documents as needed
- Compose integrated media plans and contribute to plan development processes as needed.
- Work closely with team member and other functions in company like data, finance, marketing etc.
- Balance workload between accounts and account staff to ensure that all work is accurate and completed within established deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ relative work experiences, sport and sneaker industry is plus.
- Quick and eager to learn, be able to work under pressure, handle multi-tasks while meeting tight deadlines.
- Excellent in English, especially writing
- Good Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PPT) skills.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.