Senior Associate, Healthcare
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
The Weber Shandwick Healthcare practice is seeking a Senior Associate (Senior Account Executive-equivalent) to join its growing Washington, DC office.
What You Will Be Doing
Powell Tate, the DC-based public affairs unit of The Weber Shandwick Collective, is seeking a Senior Associate to join our rapidly growing healthcare practice. We are looking for someone who is passionate about health care, attuned to public health priorities domestically and abroad, invested in health equity and who wants to make a difference for patients around the world.
The ideal candidate has experience working on public health and global health campaigns, pitching media, monitoring and writing for social media, and developing communications materials (e.g. blog posts, fact sheets etc.) Strong writing skills are a must.
- Provide support for the development of public and global health communications and advocacy campaigns, including working with an interdisciplinary team of research, creative and media strategists
- Develop communications and media materials, such as social media posts, fact sheets, pitch emails, backgrounders and more
- Conduct research and media audits independently
- Deliver accurate and timely campaign results and monitoring reports to senior account team leaders
- Maintain and update status reports, including materials trackers, media trackers, and website analytics trackers
- Participate in client meetings and/or teleconferences, accurately capturing meeting notes and next steps
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 3 years of experience working on healthcare campaigns in an agency setting, preferably in public and/or global health
- Interest and background in public and global health, ideally with experience working with government agencies, NGOs or philanthropic organizations
- Professional demeanor
- Proactive self-starter
- Meticulous attention to detail and organization
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as autonomously
- Can prioritize multiple tasks and manage time in a consistent manner
- Experience with coordinating vendors and external partners
- Some experience working directly with clients
- Resourceful and effective problem solver
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
• 401k (with employer match)
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
• MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
• Short-Term Disability
• Paid Employee Family Leave
• Family Building Benefit
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.