Vice President, Media Relations
Dallas, Texas, United States
Weber Shandwick is looking for a Vice President, Media Relations to join our corporate practice.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Crafting and telling compelling stories
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with national and regional national business and other high-priority reporters
- Delivering a strong earned media strategy within the context of an integrated media program and in collaboration with IM colleagues
- Counseling mid-level junior members of the team to effectively work with the media
- Allocating agency resources in accordance with our client's budget
- Bringing a client-focused attitude that results in work being performed to the highest quality standards
- Proven aptitude to solve problems, handle crises, and make quick decisions with incomplete information
- Exceptional client service record with ability to counsel and interact effectively with senior management at client organizations
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to craft strategy for new business presentations
What We're Looking For:
- Senior corporate media strategist with a minimum of 8-10+ years of experience
- Experience developing and leading earned media programs including top-tier business media
- BA or BS in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field
- Client interaction and media relations knowledge
- Working in and/or with large, marketing-oriented companies
- Effective team supervision and leadership
- Excellent communication/presentation skills verbal and written
- Several close relationships with top-tier business media at the national level and a history of successful placements
- Management of earned media campaigns including thought leadership, product launches, business campaigns (M&A, etc.)
- Ability to counsel senior clients and their executives with flawless earned media strategy
- Ability to media train senior clients
- Can integrate earned media strategy seamlessly with digital, social and paid
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
• 401k (with employer match)
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
• MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
• Short-Term Disability
• Paid Employee Family Leave
• Family Building Benefit
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.