Senior Manager, Public Health
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
The Weber Shandwick team in Washington, DC is seeking a Senior Manager for our rapidly growing healthcare practice. We are looking for someone who is passionate about public health, atuned to health policy priorities, invested in health equity and who wants to make a difference for patients in the US and around the world.
The Senior Manager will work closely with senior leaders in the healthcare practice, as well as with a team of talented junior staff to provide counsel and manage day-to-day workstreams, in addition to serving as a key client contact and providing both public health and healthcare public affairs and advocacy engagement counsel.
The ideal candidate should be a proactive team player who thrives in a fast-paced, always-changing environment. To be successful in this role, this individual must have a public health background and experience in health policy or advocacy. The individual should have experience working on integrated campaigns, including but not limited to national public health campaigns, advocacy initiatives and/or disease awareness campaigns. Experience working with government agencies and biopharmaceutical companies is a plus.
You must have exceptional project management, writing and communications skills and an ability to translate client needs into action. Bottom line: you are an ambitious go-getter who loves a challenge!
- Work closely with account senior leadership in the development of public health communications and healthcare advocacy campaigns, including coordination among interdisciplinary team of research, creative and media strategists and international Weber Shandwick offices and vendors.
- Help manage the day-to-day operations of a multi-faceted, integrated campaigns, including but not limited to research, creative concepting and production, writing, digital communications, stakeholder engagement, social and earned media, paid media.
- Manage junior staff in conducting stakeholder and advocacy research to develop engagement recommendations for clients.
- Conduct outreach to client partners and engage stakeholders on behalf of clients while working closely with account senior leadership.
- Support campaign reporting and manage client status reports, including materials trackers, media trackers, and website analytics trackers.
- Contribute to ongoing healthcare business development, particularly in the public health and public affairs arena.
- 6-7 years of experience in health care communications, particularly in public health and public affairs or health advocacy with an understanding of the healthcare industry and preferably with experience working with government contracts, pharmaceutical companies, trade associations, medical societies or patient advocacy organizations.
- Experience with integrated communications campaigns, including earned, paid, owned channels.
- Experience working closely with several types of teams and ability to support facilitating cross-functional team integration.
- The ability to manage multiple projects at various stages simultaneously.
- Be a self-starter who works well within a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary team.
- Budget forecasting and management experience.
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
• 401k (with employer match)
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
• MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
• Short-Term Disability
• Paid Employee Family Leave
• Family Building Benefit
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.