Manager, Client Experience
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Weber Shandwick Atlanta has an exciting opportunity for a Manager to join our Corporate team.
Weber Shandwick is looking for a Manager, Client Experience to join our team in Atlanta to work on a mix of brands in corporate PR.
We are looking for a star Manager, Client Experience to work across a variety of accounts and work streams. The ideal candidate has experience with and a passion for working with a wide range of clients and corporate communications, with the ability to anticipate client and team needs, develop strategy, create messaging, and leverage strong media contacts.
- Ability to serve as a day-to-day client contact, provide tactical counsel, manage workflow, lead projects, and anticipate needs of the client and team
- Lead client communications with supervision from manager and reliably represent agency to both internal and external stakeholders
- Persuasively pitching media and securing high-profile coverage for clients
- Staying abreast of current industry news and trends, and sharing that information with account team members
- Developing and managing timelines and weekly action plans to ensure all deadlines on client programs are met
- Breaking down and managing detailed tasks with the account team associated with planning and implementing special public relations events such as press conferences and media trips
- Anticipating and proactively offering solutions to senior team leadership for executional issues specific to assigned programs
- Interacting with senior management and providing input into tactics and strategies
- Understanding client objectives and priorities to help shape story angles
- Researching and writing briefing materials for client executives
- Writing and editing press materials, key message documents, briefing materials, blog posts and pitches
- Assist in account budgeting recommendations and ongoing tracking
- Serve as a role model to team members and delegate tasks as appropriate while still remaining accountable for outcomes
- BA or BS in communications or related field
- 5+ years of communications experience, preferably in an agency environment
- Ability to think critically about account work, ask questions as needed and effectively solve problems
- Exceptional judgment when working with team members, client contacts and partners
- Be a strong hands-on, rubber-meets-road type that can organize projects and operate multi-faceted programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with clients and internal team members across multiple levels
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes
- Demonstrates potential to lead multiple accounts and interact with senior level clients
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; applicant must be a self-starter, with the ability to work independently and interdependently across a diverse organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, online services, and AP style writing is essential
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.