Director, Advanced Analytics
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Weber Shandwick is seeking a talented Director, Advanced Analyst to join our team in Washington, DC. You will be joining a team of business strategists, data analysts, data scientists and data engineers to build innovative data solutions.
The Director, Advanced Analyst will lead the design, build, test, and implementation of analytics solutions that support clients’ Enterprise Analytics teams as well as Weber Shandwick’s internal strategy, creative and media planning teams. The role will work closely with business strategists and data engineers to ensure the solution meets business demands.
- Creative out-of-the-box thinker who will drive innovation.
- Work with business strategists and client leads to obtain a greater understanding of the needs of the business and the types of solutions that supports business goals.
- Lead the design and build of innovative analytics solutions, utilizing statistical and machine learning algorithms (multivariate regression, cluster analysis, time series analysis, survival analysis, NLP, graph analytics).
- Possess deep knowledge of statistics and probability theory grounded in the fundamentals (random variables, probability distributions, hypothesis testing, confidence intervals, multivariate regression, time series analysis, Bayesian statistics) to ensure quality and accuracy of our solutions and insights.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics; Master or PhD in Statistics preferred
- Creative-minded individual, enjoys open-ended problems and challenging the status quo
- 3+ years of experience as a Statistician or Data Scientist
- Proficiency coding in Python, R or equivalent
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to conduct independent work and manage projects from beginning to end
- Experience with marketing analytics and media mix modeling
- Experience working in a consulting company or agency
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications and engagement firm in 80 cities across 34 countries, with a network extending to 128 cities in 81 countries. The firm’s diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work. Weber Shandwick was the only public relations agency included on the Advertising AgeAgency A-list in 2014 and 2015 and the only PR firm designated an A-List Agency Standout in 2017. Weber Shandwick was honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016 and 2017, The Holmes Report’s Global Agency of the Year in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2017, and The Holmes Report’sGlobal Digital Agency of the Year in 2016.
The firm deploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumer marketing, corporate reputation, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, employee engagement, social impact, financial communications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital and analytics methodologies. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com.
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.