Account Director (Corporate / B2B PR)
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Who is Weber Shandwick?
We create cultural value and help brands navigate the ever-changing age of earned: an age where consumers actively say no to advertising; an age where everyone is an influencer that can make or break your brand; an age where content can be turned into commercial opportunity. Our talented team build brands by finding connection points in the real world. We energise the right mix of talent, using the right platforms and latest technology to choreograph stories that make a real and meaningful impact for some of the world’s leading brands and businesses e.g. HSBC, Iceland, Amazon Prime, Unilever, Ebay, Tinder and Pintrest to name a few.
We earn affection, attention, affinity and purchase by delivering value to people around the world, with deep specialisms across food & drink, travel & tourism, consumer tech, consumer health, automotive, sports sponsorship, entertainment & lifestyle, and energy. We are known for:
- Developing data driven insights and strategy to drive measurable impact
- Creating impactful creative that taps into culture
- Creating channel and platform agnostic campaigns that grow organically
- Delivering integrated campaigns that are earned-first but deliver for paid and owned
A snapshot of the role:
This is a client facing role across a varied client portfolio with an emphasis on corporate/b2b.The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of high-profile communications campaigns across multiple markets.
We are proud to work with the world’s largest corporations, companies, and organisations. This role offers you the same opportunity – to work with the biggest and best clients in the world.
What will you be doing?
- Lead the delivery of high profile accounts across multiple markets and geographies
- Develop and grow positive relationships with clients, maintaining the company's reputation in terms of delivery and quality
- Work with specialist colleagues in the integrated media, public affairs and strategy teams
- Plan and activate results-focused campaigns for a wide variety of objectives, across a number of channels
- Brief and inform account teams. Communicate expectations/goals to the team on an ongoing basis, helping to keep the team motivated by communicating clear tasks and actions
- Contribute innovative ideas for the client and new business work, inspiring ideation among team members
- Develop and maintain strategic relations with figures and organisations in media and business
- Drive development of tactical plans, translating strategies into tactics, ensure team deliverables align with strategies
- Proactively support and suggest improvements to exceed clients expectations by leveraging industry knowledge and experience
- Get stuck in when required – that could involve delivery of media campaigns, copywriting and selling in
- Lead on evaluation and client reporting
- Networking and support business growth aims by acquiring new business leads
- Budget management and contributing to finance updates
- Manage client expectations, fulfilling KPIs and growing accounts
- Mentor and train manager/senior manager team members
Who are you?
- Previous industry experience at an experienced Senior Manager or Account Director level
- Experience combines stakeholder and media engagement with a specialism in b2b and corporate communications
- Translates complex topics and data into campaign worthy news/material
- You are passionate about getting results for clients and your team
- An excellent communicator, you will build connections quickly with the people around you
- A prolific consumer of media, you’re on top of current affairs and emerging trends, allowing you to help clients anticipate issues and opportunities.
- Proven project management skills, leading multiple teams, as well as interagency, to deliver work that is on brief, on time, and on budget
- Team management and people development
- High proficiency of digital and social advantageous
- 25 days holiday + 2 extra days at Christmas + 2 annual days for volunteering + birthday day off
- Flexible working
- Employee wellbeing perks including things like: EAP mental health support and free membership to both Headspace meditation
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas company parties
- Pension scheme
- Access to health insurance
- Brand new, spacious, modern office space (which includes a roof terrace!)
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Weber Shandwick is an Equal Opportunities Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability status
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.