Vice President, Resource Management
Los Angeles, California, United States
Vice President, Resource Management
Weber Shandwick West
We are open to this resource residing in/around Seattle, Los Angeles or San Francisco.
Weber Shandwick is seeking a Vice President, Resource Manager to join our Operations team in the West Geo.
What We Are Seeking
We're seeking a Vice President, Resource Manager within the West market to join our growing Resource Management (RM) team within North America (NA). You will work closely with project managers, finance, account teams and office/practice leads, as well as other members of the RM team, to gather forward-looking staffing projections for the office, enter the data (or work with PMs to ensure that it is entered) into a centralized tool, analyze forward-looking and backward-looking data. Provide strategic recommendations for resource needs across all disciplines along the way. The ideal candidate will possess a strong grasp on details associated with overall staffing & capacity management as it relates to skills, experience, capability nuances and career development for our talent here at Weber Shandwick.
In addition to a geographical remit, this RM lead will also support the NA Healthcare team in an operational role inclusive of resourcing, identifying rotational strategies and ensuring accounts are appropriately cast both for the business and for the career development and growth of the individuals at hand. This role will also include executing NA practice initiatives (e.g., all-staff, internal communications, HR collaborations) in partnership with Jamie Dowd, the NA Health Practice Lead.
Ideally, you’re a juggler, a problem solver, and a quick thinker with a level head and excellent people skills. This important role keeps you on your toes with varying day-to-day work that is both fun and challenging.
What You Will Be Doing
- Assist with talent requests, recommending possible solutions (based on a deep understanding of needs, skillsets and bandwidth) and helping to facilitate conversations that will lead to strong utilization and the offset of unnecessary hires
- Proactivity build positive relationships with all levels of talent, account teams & project managers – act as a widely-known, helpful resource and problem solver
- Strategically match talent with needs, taking into account: requests/staff plans provided by account teams and project managers; a strong understanding of the skillsets, work product, style, development areas and interests of the talent
- Autonomously create and drive a process for how to consistently obtain forward-looking data requiring talent allocations at a project/account and individual level and enter the data into Resource Management Tool
- Possess a firm understanding of how to synthesize and apply learnings from backward-looking financial data provided by finance
- Demonstrate an ability to provide intel and answer high-level questions about what people are working on and where/why they have time, ensure that the perceived workload of the group aligns with the data being reported
- Identify and flag discrepancies, demonstrate an understanding of how to efficiently address them and remove hurdles
- Prepare for and meaningfully contribute to (and in some cases drive) weekly resourcing meetings/discussions, identifying resourcing issues, facilitating discussions and sending action-oriented recaps that keep people on task
- Facilitate discussions as a result of staffing decisions as needed to keep things moving to resolution
- Partner with colleagues across all offices within the West GEO and beyond to ensure we’re identifying great opportunities for our talent and identifying solutions that service and balance the needs of both the business and the individual
- Optimize operations of the NA Health team through resource management but also driving NA initiatives such as those stated above. Includes both administrative and strategic thinking around energizing, connecting and effectively communicating with the practice.
- Minimum of 8 years of related professional experience
- Proficient in MAC and PC, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams
- Agency, production, equivalent environment experience preferred
- Ability to manage a project from beginning to end
- Ability to manage more junior members of the RM team
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects and adapt to shifting priorities
- A proven upbeat, enthusiastic and self-starter attitude with the ability to inspire and motivate a variety of team members
- Possess strong sense of curiosity, solution-oriented mentality and critical thinking skills as they will be central to general approach to day-to-day needs
- Willingness to travel and work outside of normal business hours as necessary
- Knowledge and experience with various project management tools
- Experience in or familiarity with pre-production, creative planning and processes
- Passion for the Healthcare industry – familiarity or experience is not required but valued
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.