Senior Vice President, Internal Communications
New York, New York, United States
Senior Vice President, Internal Communications
You are a corporate communications professional who wants to be part of a dynamic, industry leading, boundary breaking organization. You are looking for an opportunity to elevate and grow an approach to internal communications that engages people and aligns with the agency’s business priorities.
Weber Shandwick is seeking an experienced communicator to join its global corporate communications team. This role is focused on internal communications and employee engagement, elevating and leading a strategy to deliver value for the agency’s 3,000-plus global employees and advance the company’s business objectives.
This position will sit on the global communications team and work closely with our global leadership team, business/practice leaders and regional/market leaders, and partner with marketing and client experience teams. The role will focus on strengthening internal communications to amplify Weber Shandwick’s unique culture as we shift to a hybrid environment – and, most importantly, support our employees as they craft and deliver innovative solutions that drive impact for the world’s biggest brands.
Employee and Leader Engagement
- Develop strategies and execute internal communications plans that connect our leaders and employees, engages them in our business and keeps them informed and inspired; identify and build the best platforms and channels to share information for maximum impact
- Oversee content engine for centralized internal platforms, such as our new global intranet and our global client guidance resource, Together We Solve
- Work with our regional and local leaders to bring our refreshed global values to life internally – to ensure awareness and engagement among our global population
- Drive communications strategy and outreach for diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, including ongoing cultural celebrations and observations important to our community
- Continually address guidelines/protocols/structures for communications across internal stakeholders, geographies and businesses to ensure consistency in our message
- Develop communications plans and materials for employee initiatives, client offerings and announcements (e.g,. new hires, employee surveys, award wins)
- Partner with agency leaders to build employee understanding, excitement and support for initiatives such as Juice, our global approach to wellness at work
- Manage C-Suite communications to leadership and all employees including content strategy and execution
- Manage global monthly virtual town halls with C-suite leaders and partner with special projects team on annual all-staff leadership meeting
- Create and deliver compelling positioning, narrative, platforms and vehicles to attract new kinds of talent
- Help refine and promote Weber Shandwick’s employee value proposition and employer brand in partnership with agency leadership and marketing; lead initiatives and drive content for website and relevant social channels to target and recruit new talent
- Drive agency’s employer awards strategy, identifying and leading opportunities for agency recognition that attracts new talent
Skills and abilities:
- 10-15 years integrated communications experience in an agency or corporate setting
- Experience building out internal communications at a large organization (global preferred)
- Strong executive presence and demonstrated leadership, collaboration and relationship skills
- Change management experience
- Experience managing sensitive issues
- Exceptional storytelling and written communications skills across a wide range of platforms
- Strong project management expertise, with experience managing multiple workstreams, tight deadlines and changing requirements
- Extensive knowledge and experience leveraging cutting edge technology to drive employee engagement including digital and social channels, corporate intranets and video
- Prior experience building new internal platforms and developing content strategies for intranets, LinkedIn, other social media channels and career channels like Glassdoor and Fishbowl
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.