Art Direction Intern (Fall 2022)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
We’re passionate about expanding the boundaries of what we offer our clients by bringing diverse perspectives to the table.
As part of a dynamic content creation team our creative intern will work with all members, including senior leadership, creative directors, designers, art directors, copywriters and producers.
From creative brainstorming to day-to-day execution, Weber Shandwick’s Interns form the foundation of a talented team that generates groundbreaking, award-winning programs. During the program, you’ll will work on campaigns for iconic brands and companies you’re likely encounter every single day.
What’s in it for you? Our Interns will earn practical experience as fully integrated members of account teams and will receive coaching from team members to help advance your career goals. (Scroll down past “how to apply” for more information about the position, what we’re looking for, and what we provide to you as part of the program!)
How to apply:
Candidates are required to submit the following supplements. Incomplete applications will not be eligible for consideration.
- Portfolio link or relevant work samples (share anything that conveys the way you think or approach assignments, even if it was never produced; we like chicken scratches).
More about the position:
What you'll do all day:
- Create: Work within a creative team and collaborate actively with account managers and strategists to produce campaigns from conception to completion.
- Design: You know your way around Adobe Creative Suite and can bring ideas to life in a visually engaging way—from 360° brand platforms to video, social, experiential, print, tech, and more.
- Engage: Share big ideas in brainstorms and with teams
- Plan: Assist in event coordination and logistics
- Hustle: You bring fresh thinking, elevated creativity and great ideas to every assignment.
- Monitor: Track brands in traditional and social media
What we’re looking for from you:
- Thinking: Do it out of the box. Actually, it’s best if you’re wholly unfamiliar with the concept of boxes.
- Digital: Know all the old school and the latest social media platforms, what brands are
doing on them and what they should do next.
- Communication: Speak, write and edit succinctly and compellingly
- Management: Meet deadlines, put out fires and multi-task. Work fast, and work well
- Detail-Oriented: Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering clear and precise work is a must
- Technical: Proficient knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Dynamic: Ability to work in a fast-paced agency environment
- Spark: Understand what sets you apart
What you’ll get from us:
- Buddy: all new-hires are paired with a buddy dedicated to making your time with us amazing.
- Built-In Mentorship: access to former interns through panels and learning sessions who can give insight into what their experience was like, and advice on making the most of your experience.
- In-person trainings, coaching & equipment: you’ll be invited to workshops and ongoing trainings in-person to introduce you to the latest and greatest in the industry. A laptop will be provided to you for the duration of the internship.
- A possible career: Internships have the possibility of growing into a Junior Associate position.
- A paycheck! Interns are paid hourly, at 40-hours per week.
- Student, recent grad, or related experience: Rising senior (4-year program), recent graduate, or demonstrated transferrable skills.
- Availability: 40 hours a week from September – December 2022.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.