Vice President, Media Relations, Healthcare
New York, New York, United States
We Are Seeking
We are seeking a strong Vice President to join our Media Relations team within our Health Practice. We are looking for someone who knows the media landscape and has a unique experience telling stories for counseling clients on and executing integrated media relations strategy. The following is a general outline of primary responsibilities.
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop a strong understanding of the client’s business and target audiences, and work collaboratively with strategists and creative team members to deliver solutions that meet program objectives.
- Foster growth and team talent as a leader on the New York health media team, including management of mid to junior health media team members.
- Have positive relationships with health media reporters, understand industry issues that directly and indirectly affect clients and the media landscape, and analyze and distill meaningful insights from media coverage.
- Generate story ideas and topic angles, oversee team in developing media materials, and pitch media to land earned coverage.
- Develop strategic messaging for clients and support creation of media plans and proposals that take an integrated approach to driving awareness with target audiences.
- Provide thoughtful recommendations for content creation and distribution across multiple channels to support paid, owned and earned channels.
- Support creative ideation on a consistent basis.
- Participation in office-wide initiatives, seminars, and meetings to further professional learning and development.
- Actively participate in agency development and assist with new business.
- Business Acumen– align talent strategies to drive business goals
- Client Service– client focus and ability to build trust and rapport across all levels
- Proactivity – exhibit relentless pursuit for new and innovative talent strategies
- Collaboration– build strong relationships at all levels across the organization
- Critical Thinking– ask probing questions; anticipate and address critical talent gaps and needs
- Conflict Resolution– possess sound judgment and savvy in navigating and resolving complex talent and organizational issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related field
- 8-10 years’ PR/communications experience
- Media relations experience
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.