Freelancer, Media Relations – USA
New York, New York, United States
We’re always looking for great talent to support our passionate and diverse Media Relations team, which promotes and protects some of the world’s most iconic and beloved brands.
If you love the thrill of the pitch, have an established network of media contacts, and constantly immerse yourself in all things media & culture – please send us your resume and we’ll keep in touch about future freelance media relations opportunities.
- Develop media relations action plans, including goals and objectives, media targets, story angles and outreach approaches, in collaboration with and support from senior media relations experts
- Provide teams with ongoing media updates
- Persuasively pitch media and earn high-profile coverage for clients
- Serve as a day-to-day client contact during program execution, as appropriate
- Develop and manage timelines and weekly action plans to ensure all deadlines on client programs are met
- Break down and manage detailed tasks with the account team associated with planning and implementing special public relations events
- Anticipate and proactively offer solutions to senior team leadership for executional issues specific to assigned programs
- Manage program and project budgets
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a media relations role/environment
- Strong media relations skills and relationships
- Excellent communication/presentation skills; verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- Social media literacy with the ability to identify and recommend social program elements
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet deadlines and client expectations
This is not a job posting for an active opening. Submitting your information below will register your interest in being considered for media relations freelancing opportunities at Weber Shandwick.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.