Vice President, Client Experience
New York, New York, United States
What You Will Be Doing
As a Vice President, you will be responsible for managing client and inter-agency relationships, playing a critical role in determining the future and long-term success of our Health practice.
You will be responsible for all aspects of a client relationship and account team. You will supervise major pieces of business with multiple work streams and team members. Other responsibilities include recommending programs and activities, coordinating with clients’ goals, effectively delegating projects, offering counsel to team members, and allocating agency resources to match client budgets.
Long-term experience supporting pharmaceutical clients (pharma experience, not just healthcare experience) is required. Ideally you have data/regulatory milestone support experience — approval and launch experience is a big plus, as is US and Global experience. Experience with unbranded or branded campaign work in the pharma space, including campaigns that include a celebrity and/or social media influencers, is preferred.
If you are a project management whiz who’s excited about managing talented junior and mid-level staff members, building strong relationships with clients and serving as a day-to-day key client contact, and taking your PR career to the next level on a team that’s dynamic, creative, smart & fun, then we want to talk to you!
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day client support and counsel
- Facilitating integration efforts with other agency partners
- Driving communications support around campaigns
- Working across internal specialists including media, digital and creative
- Working across different offices (including with our London colleagues)
- Working with senior counselors on strategy
What We Are Looking For
- Can turn ideas into workable plans
- Capacity to convey ownership of assigned projects to junior and mid-level team members
- Can solve conflicts
- Can mobilize and motivate teams
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent oral and written business communication skills
- Aptitude for financial analysis
- Can complete challenging projects within set parameters
- Exceptional judgment when working with team members, client contacts and vendors
- Commitment and dedication to the agency's success as well as individual career
- Can anticipate client and team needs
- Attention to detail and quality
- Instills confidence with clients and colleagues
- At least 7 years’ healthcare public relations/communications experience
- Established recent experience/at least 1-2 years in the VP role
- BA or BS in Communications or in a related field
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.