Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Who is Weber Shandwick?
We create cultural value and help brands navigate the ever-changing age of earned: an age where consumers actively say no to advertising; an age where everyone is an influencer that can make or break your brand; an age where content can be turned into commercial opportunity. Our talented team build brands by finding connection points in the real works. We energise the right mix of talent, using the right platforms and latest technology to choreography stories that make a real and meaningful impact for some of the world’s leading brands and businesses e.g. HSBC, Iceland, Amazon Prime , Unilever, Ebay, Tinder and Pinterest to name a few.
We earn affection, attention, affinity and purchase by delivering value to people around the works, with deep specialisms across food & drink, travel & tourism, consumer tech, consumer health, automotive, sports sponsorship, entertainment & lifestyle and energy. We are known for:
- Developing data driven insights and strategy to drive measurable impact
- Creating impact creative that taps into culture
- Creating channel and platform agnostic campaigns that grow organically
- Delivering integrated campaigns that are earned-first but deliver for paid and owned
A snapshot of the role:
We are seeking a Digital and Social Media Associate who is passionate about all things digital and ready to bring that energy to our high-performing, collaborative team. As an Associate, you will work closely with senior staff members to provide support on day-to-day work, while helping deliver our clients’ strategies across their digital footprint. This is a client-facing role, with additional responsibilities supporting new business projects.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage the creative process for digital content, writing briefs, developing social content planners and developing/presenting responses where necessary, as well as generating creative content, both independently and in collaboration with account teams
- Demonstrate a proactive stance with all assigned accounts by offering new ideas and new ways of generating success, including identifying digital opportunities. Participate in brainstorms and shares ideas / creative solutions to client briefs
- Continuing to build strong client relationships with assigned client contacts
- Start to develop your influencing skills to seek positive outcomes through communication with clients and influencers
- Start to think more holistically, put forward ideas and suggestions that will seek to improve processes and create opportunities for the agency and its clients
- Stay on top of social media/industry news and trends, and be able to link these to your clients’ objectives
Ideal experience required:
- Previous experience in social media communications
- Fluency in digital/social media platforms, tools, and solutions
- Experience in copywriting and developing a range of social media materials
- Familiarity with analytics tools and an ability to set and evaluate campaign metrics
- Good presentation skills and a desire to being involved in new business pitching
- Experience developing and managing campaigns and being a day-to-day lead for clients, w
- An interest in the world of digital marketing as the digital team is an incredibly curious one, with interests spanning tech, sustainability, innovation, web3 and more to enable us to bring a fresh perspective on a client brief
- Be a strong communicator and possess exceptional writing skills
- A proactive approach to identifying opportunities for the client, practice, and team
- Attentive to detail and quality
- A keen appetite for learning about the digital space, both proactively and from other members of the digital team
Our Values and Behaviors:
Curiosity, inclusion, courage, impact. Our work and our culture are shaped by our values:
- CURIOSITY: We cultivate curiosity and challenge convention. Because solving any problem begins with asking the right questions
- INCLUSION: We foster teams and environments built on belonging and openness to possibility. Because the best ideas have no bias
- COURAGE: We stand up for what we believe in. Because being comfortable with the uncomfortable is how progress is made
- IMPACT: We strive to make a meaningful difference in everything we do. Because we owe it to our people, our clients and the world
What's in it for you?
- JUICE – Our flexible working model
- 25 days annual leave + Birthday & x-mas period off
- Personal pension plan
- Early finish Fridays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private dental insurance
- Gym discounts
- Heath cash plan
- Group life assurance
- Group income protection
- Flexible life insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Buy & Sell Holiday
- Private pension plan
- Travel Insurance
- Private medical
Note from the talent team:
We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, down to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search.
Weber Shandwick is an Equal Opportunities Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.