Production Intern (Fall 2022/Winter 2023)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
We’re passionate about expanding the boundaries of what we offer our clients by bringing diverse perspectives to the table.
From creative brainstorming to day-to-day execution, Weber Shandwick’s Interns form the foundation of a talented team that generates groundbreaking, award-winning programs. During the program, you’ll will work on campaigns for iconic brands and companies you’re likely encounter every single day.
What’s in it for you? Our Interns will earn practical experience as fully integrated members of account teams and will receive coaching from team members to help advance your career goals. (Scroll down for more information about the position, what we’re looking for, and what we provide to you as part of the program!)
More about the position:
What you'll do all day:
- Director search: call production reps. and request director reels for upcoming shoots.
- Production schedules: Assist producers in making production timelines (from prep to final delivery).
- Scheduling sessions: Work with outside vendors to set up time for audio mixes and edit sessions.
- Estimates: assist producers in gathering costs and inputting into estimate forms for producers.
- Help Production Business Manager with final cast reports and as produced scripts.
- Updating internal video editor’s calendar: Attend weekly editor meetings and update calendar with new assignments, dates, etc.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Thinking: Do it out of the box. Actually, it’s best if you’re wholly unfamiliar with the concept of boxes.
- Digital: Know all the old school and the latest social media platforms, what brands are
doing on them and what they should do next.
- Hustle: You’re a creative ninja. You bring fresh thinking, elevated creativity and great ideas to every assignment.
- Communication: Speak, write and edit succinctly and compellingly
- Management: Meet deadlines, put out fires and multi-task. Work fast, and work well
- Detail-Oriented: Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering clear and precise work is a must
- Dynamic: Ability to work in a fast-paced agency environment
- Spark: Understand what sets you apart
What you’ll get from us:
- Buddy: all new-hires are paired with a buddy dedicated to making your time with us amazing.
- Built-In Mentorship: access to former interns through panels and learning sessions who can give insight into what their experience was like, and advice on making the most of your Internship.
- In-person trainings and coaching: you’ll be invited to workshops and ongoing trainings in-person to introduce you to the latest and greatest in the industry.
- A possible career: Internships have the possibility of growing into a Junior Associate position.
- A paycheck! Interns are paid hourly, at 40-hours per week.
- Recent grad or related experience: recent graduate or demonstrated transferrable skills
- Availability: 40 hours a week from Monday, October 2, 2022 to Friday, February 3, 2023
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.