Junior Associate, Corporate Communications
New York, New York, United States
JUNIOR ASSOCIATE, GLOBAL CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS
The Global Corporate Communications team at Weber Shandwick has an opportunity for a Junior Associate who wants to be part of a dynamic, industry leading, boundary breaking organization. This opportunity is perfect for an organized and creative individual who is a fast learner and keen observer of industry trends and media. Ideal candidates should be passionate about media – both traditional and emerging – and exhibit a curiosity for new ways to engage. This individual will support and amplify brands within The Weber Shandwick Collective, providing support to the Global Corporate Communications team and advancing the agency’s business priorities both externally and internally.
As a crucial supporting role for the Global Corporate Communications team, this individual will work closely with multiple stakeholders within the organization globally to assist in the development, execution and measurement of brand recognition initiatives. This individual has the confidence to actively participate in team projects, but also the motivation to own solo projects with an intuition of when to reach out for collaboration.
- Support the strategic development of public relations and media relations plans and campaigns
- Develop communications materials – including media pitches, press releases, award submissions and social/digital content
- Support media relations initiatives, including developing and maintaining media lists, drafting pitches and tracking coverage Develop and update media lists
- Research media topics, cultural trends, digital influencers and reporters in support of new assignments and projects
- Liaise with client leads on campaigns, awards and other projects as needed
- Assist in agency communications and events, including developing and coordinating routine project management materials – i.e. timelines, activity reports, documentation and project management support
- Research industry trends and develop fact sheets, briefing materials and research summaries for executives in preparation of media engagements
- Monitor and track daily media coverage and create coverage reports for executive leadership team
- Support the development of creative assets used for marketing and promotion
- Help manage team calendar and expenses
Skills and abilities:
- Entry-level role
- Agile, collaborative, team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and experience with various CMS platforms, including social media platforms and posting
- Strong executive presence and demonstrated leadership, collaboration and relationship skills
- Exceptional storytelling and written communications skills across a wide range of platforms
- Strong project management capabilities, with an understanding of how to balance multiple workstreams, tight deadlines and changing requirements
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.