Client Finance Director
New York, New York, United States
About the job
Client Finance business partners provide valuable guidance and support to the Client Service team. This position will report into the VP, Client Finance and collaborate with business leaders on a daily basis and will be contributing to overall financial modeling and analysis during requirements planning, business reviews, and providing business insights into key initiatives.
- Maintain revenue tracker and drive the monthly revenue review process for % complete in partnership with account & project management team. Provide counsel and accountability related to change order management
- Work closely with account and project management teams to ensure proper scoping, including but not limited to confirming accuracy with rates, pricing, and business terms
- Communicate revenue allocations to local offices monthly
- Lead quarterly client revenue forecast process with inputs from CXL/Account staff on a portfolio level & share guidance to all participating offices
- Partner with project management and account team to consolidate portfolio level staffing and provide guidance around staffing needs/FTE%
- Ensure that WIP is cleared in a timely and orderly manner, client documentation/PO’s are secured, and oversees duration of the project lifecycle. Includes preparation of ETC documentation and proper revenue recognition
- Deep interest in process improvement and work to automate reporting and improve data visualization
- Provide financial insights for recurring business reviews with key stakeholders
- Provide visibility into key performance and operational efficiency metrics
- Finance business partners own the performance agenda including delivery of all financial metrics and ensuring a robust control and risk management environment.
- Liaise mostly with the broader account team to provide financial clarity and ensure business processes are adhered to
- Strong relationships with Shared Services (Billing, Audit & Tax) to drive efficiency and effectiveness in all our core processes •Help support client audits and ad-hoc requests as needed
- Provide financial onboarding to dedicated account staff to help educate on client deal terms and with financial literacy. Train and ensure project management and account staff are adhering to financial processes including proper PO setup, hiring freelancers, reporting input requirements, internal and contracted standard policies & procedures
- Ensure timeliness and validate accuracy and quality of work output generated by analysts, notably that trackers are maintained and billing is in accordance to SOW schedule or no later than a month in arrears
- Effectively deploy, supervise, and appraise performance of analysts
- 9+ years’ of finance experience or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Solid business judgment capable of driving an organization to the right results with a focused, pragmatic, approach to the business
- Independent and entrepreneurial showing the ability to work with minimal direction Top Accountabilities
- Deliver all metrics of the financial plan with focus on Balance Sheet, cash & P&L
- Deliver a robust governance and control environment and an effective risk management agenda for the area of the business being partnered.
- Identify all critical business opportunities, risks and initiatives and provide best practice financial analysis and insights to support decision making.
- Identify opportunities to drive greater efficiency and effectiveness of all finance activities. Possess deep understanding of SAP Job set up, financial reporting systems, revenue recognition methodologies, and billing processes
- Able to interface vertically across all levels of the account team as needed
- High attention to detail including proficiency with reporting tools to ensure timely and accurate reporting and analysis
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.