Media Relations Intern (Fall 2022)
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Are you looking for exposure to an award-winning global marketing communications agency working with some of the world’s most exciting brands? Are you ready to IGNITE your career?
Weber’s IGNITE isn’t your average agency internship program. It’s a career-launching opportunity for anyone eager to play a role in solving today’s biggest communications challenges. It’s an immersive dive into our agency where you will do real work with real clients.
IGNITE offers a fully curated, hands-on experience that’s designed to develop your skillset, provide invaluable insights and help you explore the many facets of our industry as you define – and invest in – your career path.
While our story is rooted in traditional PR, we’ve evolved into a fully integrated agency working with some of the biggest names in QSR, CPG, retail, healthcare, technology and financial services.
Across media relations, influencer relations, social strategy, corporate reputation, crisis management, public affairs, branding, editorial content, employee engagement, digital advertising, experiential events, analytics, social impact and more – our work, knowledge and people are as diverse as the ideas we present every day.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
From creative brainstorming to day-to-day execution, IGNITE interns form the foundation of a talented team that generates ground-breaking, award-winning programs. During this full-time program, you’ll work on campaigns for iconic brands and companies you likely encounter every single day.
Beginning day one, we’ll create an environment that allows you to explore the various facets of Public Relations and Marketing:
- Conduct and report on media monitoring to keep us aware of client coverage and what’s happening with their competitors, identify potential risks and support with crisis management.
- Prepare and update media and influencer lists with fresh outlets, angles and voices.
- Apply strong written ability to draft research reports, social content, internal communications and media relations materials.
- Support event execution: generate ideas, source locations, coordinate vendors, engage with media/influencers, and set-up/take-down.
- Develop briefs that help planners and creative teams understand the client ask.
- Dig deep into consumer and competitive research to support with new business pitches.
- Attend brainstorms alongside strategic planners, art directors and copywriters.
- Assist account teams with ad-hoc tasks such as project management and billing support.
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM US
- Experience – You’ll be part of one or more account teams working on some of Canada’s (and the world’s) top brands. You won’t be watching from the sidelines, you will be IN the work.
- Training and coaching – You’ll kick off your experience with a series of trainings to introduce you to the core areas of our work, and then be invited to workshops and ongoing local and global trainings to keep you on the cutting edge of some of the most advanced thinking in the industry.
- Mentorship – You’ll be paired with a “People Champion” to ensure you get the most out of your experience and help guide your career.
- Support – You’ll get a buddy (who was also a recent IGNITE intern) dedicated to showing you the ropes and navigate the agency world, as well as access to a network of current and former interns to trade tips and share advice.
- A paycheck! – Our interns are paid hourly, at 40-hours per week.
Our IGNITE interns will earn practical experience as fully integrated members of account teams and will receive coaching from team members to help advance your career goals.
GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
We are accepting applications for Fall (September-December) 2022. Applications are welcomed from candidates in Montreal.
Weber Shandwick welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.