Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
The Minneapolis office of IPG DXTRA has an opening on the Shared Services team for a Revenue Accountant
This position will review multiple aspects of revenue accounting and reporting to ensure that the supported business units are in compliance with IPG DXTRA policies, GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”) requirements. This position will liaise with business unit CFOs and other senior Finance staff, as well as with IPG DXTRA Corporate accounting staff.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review SAP Contract Creation Forms and Amendment Forms in conjunction with the client contract or other forms of persuasive evidence, to approve the revenue recognition methodology
- Ensure that all documentation that supports revenue is complete and accurate
- Review and approve the revenue worksheets for North American units
- Provide revenue recognition advice to assigned global units and conduct periodic tests
- Prepare and gather documentation for internal and external audits throughout the year
- Update our web-based control tools
- Other special projects as and when required Requirements:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting
- Two or more years of Accounting experience
- Motivated, self-starter who can work independently
- Time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel and MS Office products required
- Experience using SAP a definite plus
- Revenue recognition knowledge/experience a definite plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Aptitude for attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and a client-service mindset
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and proactively making contributions to the organization
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
IPG DXTRA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. IPG DXTRA recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.