Account Director, Client Experience
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
What You Will Be Doing
As an Account Director, you will be responsible for managing client and inter-agency relationships, playing a critical role in determining the future and long-term success of our Health practice.
You will be responsible for all aspects of a client relationship and account team. You will supervise major pieces of business with multiple work streams and team members. Other responsibilities include recommending programs and activities, coordinating with clients’ goals, effectively delegating projects, offering counsel to team members, and allocating agency resources to match client budgets.
You are also engaged with business development, strategic program planning, and the development of creative concepts. Ideally, you will have consumer health experience and a proven track record of managing branded and unbranded consumer campaigns with media and third party partnerships.
If you are someone who’s excited about managing talented junior staff members, building strong relationships with clients, and taking your PR career to the next level on a team that’s dynamic, creative, smart & fun, then we want to talk to you!
- Helping to shape overall client thought leadership strategy and execution plan
- Identifying events and awards that align with client’s strategic priorities
- Establishing distinct, effective thought leadership platforms for executives across events, media, awards, and social channels
- Proactively pitching executives for premiere events, including drafting submissions and facilitating communication with event organizers and client
- Proactively pitching company/executives for awards, including drafting submissions and facilitating communication with organizers and client
- Managing confirmed client speaking opportunities, including creating briefing and run of show documents, leading calls between clients and event organizers, providing support onsite as needed, and executing amplification plans with media, social and internal communications
- Providing counsel and recommendations to client on incoming thought leadership opportunities, evaluating events/awards to ensure they align with strategic priorities
- Managing junior staff to execute on the priorities above and ensure trackers and strategic plans are up to date
- Facilitating integration efforts with internal teams, including creative, media, and digital, and other agency partners
- At least 5 years of corporate communications experience, preferably in the healthcare space
- Experience leading client or company workstreams in executive communications, thought leadership and/or corporate affairs
- Excellent project management skills, attention to detail and ability to delegate projects and manage junior staff
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and relationship building/leadership skills
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.