Washington, District of Columbia, United States
We are looking for a Financial Analyst who will approach work with a sense of possibility and see challenges as opportunities for creative problem solving; take initiative to explore issues and find innovative solutions. This person will report to Vice President of Finance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in preparation of monthly P&L statements
- Responsible for maintaining various financial trackers (revenue, billing, burn reports, etc)
- Assist in preparation and maintenance of employee utilization reports
- Assist in month end closing processes including:
- Regional and local cost analysis and reporting
- Time analysis, adjustments, and due diligence
- Journal entry preparation
- Updating budgets with month-end actuals
- Preparing top down financial reports for management
- Assist in preparation of quarterly budget updates
- Support practice groups by providing financial data as needed
- Partner closely inter-departmentally to ensure proper and accurate recording and reporting of financial and accounting transactions
- Proactively document, follow up on, and close out in a timely fashion any revenue, budgeting, billing, invoicing, or payment issues that pertain to Client(s)
- Assist in the creation and preparation of annual budget & quarterly forecast
- Monitor jobs, estimates and rate cards to ensure accuracy
- Monitor project activity to ensure job codes are opened/maintained/closed accurately and in a timely manner in accordance with the SOW in coordination with client service team and biller
- Partner with client service teams to ensure monthly financial schedule is followed, including but not limited to WIP management, billing, % effort complete
- Serve as reliable and forward-thinking business analytics resource on dedicated accounts
- Special project as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting with 2+ years of experience
- SAP and Hyperion background preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with very strong excel skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with finance and non-financial people, alike
- Ability to effectively manage workload, prioritize and streamline tasks to ensure accuracy and, take “ownership-mentality” in work/clients
- Able to anticipate problems, analyze situations and proactively come up with solutions
- Agency experience preferred
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global marketing and communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world.
We push beyond category convention, pairing data-driven insights with creative prowess to deliver game-changing ideas that earn attention and drive business impact. We have a deep bench of talent across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications.
Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.