Account Director, Client Experience, Consumer
New York, New York, United States
Account Director, Consumer PR, Client Experience
Thriving team looking for an Account Director candidate to expand our Client Experience team and hop on board a dynamic team within our Consumer practice (CPG/beer/spirits). This person will be at the forefront for growing our business and building/executing major campaigns on behalf of iconic brands. Do you have a strong background in account management, the ability to bring an integrated team together, and a deep knowledge of earned and social media? Do your colleagues and clients associate you with the following? We want to hear from you!
- Consistent ability to work across a fully integrated team to develop plans that WOW – from brief to big idea to media strategy
- Exceptional client service record with ability to counsel and interact effectively with senior management at client organizations
- Strong presentation skills, and the ability to craft and tell a compelling story
- Ability to problem solve, handle issues and make quick decisions
- Love of pop culture and deep understanding of earned media/social media trends
- Strong counselor and manager of junior team members in order to develop the next generation of leaders
What We’re Looking For:
- Account management rockstar with strong media prowess and a minimum of 6-8+ years of experience working with iconic consumer, sports, lifestyle, CPG, food/beverage or beer/spirits brands
- BA or BS in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or a related field
- Excellent communication/presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Strong client management experience
- Proven experience in working with internal and external integrated teams, with ability to drive the development of fully integrated plans
- Effective team supervision, management and leadership
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Experience with client financial management, including staffing and scoping development, management of large budgets, etc.
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.