Senior Vice President, Media Relations
New York, New York, United States
Weber Shandwick is seeking a Senior Vice President to join its Integrated Media capability and working across the Corporate practice in New York.
- Develop overarching and tactical earned media strategies for account, including campaign activations, executive visibility, thought leadership and ongoing efforts
- Generate long-term plans and program recommendations for clients and oversee and play active part in execution
- Help generate creative and integrated ideas and opportunities, as part of planning
- Maintain daily client contact for all media executions
- Actively participate in an integrated agency team, as a PR representative with a focus on media results
- Develop KPI measurement strategy for campaigns and deliver on them
- Experience in placing technology, corporate/marketing brand and executive leadership stories
- Ability to multitask on a fast-paced account, providing one-off media POVs to clients’ in a timely manner
- Account for quality control and review of client correspondence, proposals, press materials, messaging Q&As, etc.
- Lead media account team through activations, and develop jr. media talent on the team
- Attend account reviews and staff meetings – provide ongoing communications and feedback
- Assist with the leadership of the agency media team by developing jr. media talent and providing strategic inputs across the group and accounts
- 10+ years public relations experience focusing on media relations in corporate/enterprise
- Bachelors Degree
- PR agency experience
- Proven media relations skills, including developing strategy, building and maintaining media relationships and pitching and landing stories
- Experience leading large scale, integrated activations and campaigns
- Strong writer – ability to craft messages and story narratives for both trade and consumer audiences
- Strong managerial skills – ability to manage and prioritize multiple work streams and staff
- Strong presentation skills
- Must be proactive and flexible, a team player able to work in a fluid environment with changing priorities
- Proven skill in client strategy and team leadership
Weber Shandwick is a leading global marketing and communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world.
We push beyond category convention, pairing data-driven insights with creative prowess to deliver game-changing ideas that earn attention and drive business impact. We have a deep bench of talent across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications.
Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.