Account Director, Client Experience
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Powell Tate, the DC-based public affairs unit of The Weber Shandwick Collective, is seeking an Account Director for our rapidly growing healthcare public affairs practice. We are looking for someone who is passionate about healthcare, attuned to health policy priorities domestically and abroad, invested in health equity and who wants to make a difference for patients around the world.
This colleague will serve as a key client contact and provide healthcare public affairs and global health advocacy counsel, partnering with senior leaders on our healthcare team and broader agency.
The ideal candidate should be a proactive team player who thrives in a fast-paced, always-changing environment. To be successful in this role, this individual must have a public affairs background and experience in health policy, advocacy and/or global health. The individual should have experience working on integrated public affairs campaigns, including but not limited to advocacy initiatives and/or disease awareness campaigns. Experience working across geographies is a plus.
You must have exceptional project management, writing and communications skills and an ability to translate client needs into action. Bottom line: you are an ambitious go-getter who loves a challenge!
- Implement integrated public affairs campaigns for clients such as pharmaceutical companies, trade associations, NGOs or philanthropic organizations in the United States and globally.
- Develop and deliver healthcare communications and healthcare policy campaigns, including coordination among interdisciplinary team of research, creative and media strategists and international Weber Shandwick offices and vendors.
- Analyze and summarize trends in global, national, healthcare and policy media, review and prepare executive summaries and/or analyses detailing clear and concise findings, distill highly complex and large amounts of information into strategic, actionable client recommendations.
- Lead the development of thought leadership content (blogs, fact sheets, reports, social media posts) for global health policy and health care public affairs clients on a range of policy and/or health topics.
- Maintain oversight of client status reports, including materials trackers, media trackers, and website analytics trackers.
- Support new business efforts of healthcare and public affairs teams, including contributing strategic recommendations to proposals.
- 8 years of experience in health care communications, public affairs or global health advocacy with an understanding of the healthcare industry.
- Experience with integrated communications campaigns, including earned, paid, owned channels.
- Knowledge of health policy issues in the United States and/or global health issues.
- Be a self-starter who works well within a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary team.
- Bring a resilient mindset, deep curiosity, and a healthy sense of humor
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.