Art Director (Midweight)
London, England, United Kingdom
Who is Weber Shandwick ?
We create cultural value and help brands navigate the ever-changing age of earned: an age where consumers actively say no to advertising; an age where everyone is an influencer that can make or break your brand; an age where content can be turned into commercial opportunity. Our talented team build brands by finding connection points in the real works. We energise the right mix of talent, using the right platforms and latest technology to choreography stories that make a real and meaningful impact for some of the world’s leading brands and businesses eg HSBC, Iceland, Amazon Prime , Unilever , eBay, Tinder and Pinterest to name a few.
We earn affection, attention, affinity and purchase by delivering value to people around the works, with deep specialisms across food & drink, travel & tourism, consumer tech, consumer health, automotive, sports sponsorship, entertainment & lifestyle and energy. We are known for:
– Developing data driven insights and strategy to drive measurable impact
– Creating impact creative that taps into culture
– Creating channel and platform agnostic campaigns that grow organically
– Delivering integrated campaigns that are earned-first but deliver for paid and owned
A snapshot of the role:
The role will suit someone who is passionate about creativity and the power of ideas. Someone who likes to create ideas that can deliver on the business problem as well as creative excellence.
We are an integrated agency so this requires a wish to work with the disciplines of Digital, Design, Innovation, Earned or Advertising. The goal is to always strive for progressive and inspiring ideas for our clients.
The role requires someone to be able to collaborate in a team structure and work together with different departments on creative briefs and new business pitches.
What will you be doing?
- Working alongside senior team members, providing support with art direction and ideation
- Art Direction on pitches, key visuals for presentations, and final projects
- Collaborating with the wider team to develop pitches
- Ideation for multiple different and diverse client briefs, sometimes with short turnaround times
- Research for Art Direction, visuals, photography, typography
- Supporting video and film mock-ups
Ideal Experience Required:
- Experience in Art Direction/Advertising
- A portfolio of creative work – at least 5/10 projects of respected work
- Able to handle projects with teams members and get the work to presentation standard
- Must have a proactive attitude to creating and crafting the work
- Good knowledge and understanding of the creative industry and the creative landscape
- Knowledge of creative software programs; Photoshop, InDesign etc.
Who are we:
Weber Shandwick are a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry.
The firm has earned more than 135 Lions at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Decade in 2020 and PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.
Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the IPG DXTRA family and wider Interpublic Group. Check out more about team, the work, and what it’s like to work at Weber Shandwick here
At IPG DXTRA we are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Our Values and Behaviors:
Curiosity, inclusion, courage, impact. Our work and our culture are shaped by our values:
1. CURIOSITY: We cultivate curiosity and challenge convention. Because solving any problem begins with asking the right questions
2. INCLUSION: We foster teams and environments built on belonging and openness to possibility. Because the best ideas have no bias
3. COURAGE: We stand up for what we believe in. Because being comfortable with the uncomfortable is how progress is made
4. IMPACT: We strive to make a meaningful difference in everything we do. Because we owe it to our people, our clients and the world
What’s in it for you:
- JUICE – Our flexible working model
- 25 days annual leave + Birthday & X-mas period off
- Personal pension plan
- Early finish Fridays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private dental insurance
- Gym discounts
- Heath cash plan
- Group life assurance
- Group income protection
- Flexible life insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Buy & Sell Holiday
- Private pension plan
- Travel Insurance
- Private medical
The office: We are super excited to show off our new agile office with:
- Range of small, medium and large meeting rooms whether you are taking an important call or working on need a war room for that big pitch
- Hot desk with duel screens in your team section or with the project team
- Join us in the library for a bit of peace and quiet
- Use our break-out areas for an informal meeting or just to catch up
- Take advantage of our café and the great hall to grab a bite to eat with your favorite people
- Get some fresh air and some Vitamin D on our roof terrace
- Leave your stuff in your personalized digital locker….with charger
- Give in to your hunger and explore Eataly on the ground floor or venture to the amazing Spitalfields market where you are spoilt for choice!
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.