Senior Account Executive (Corporate Enterprise)
London, England, United Kingdom
Who is Weber Shandwick?
We create cultural value and help brands navigate the ever-changing age of earned: an age where consumers actively say no to advertising; an age where everyone is an influencer that can make or break your brand; an age where content can be turned into commercial opportunity. Our talented team build brands by finding connection points in the real world. We energise the right mix of talent, using the right platforms and latest technology to choreograph stories that make a real and meaningful impact for some of the world’s leading brands and businesses.
We earn affection, attention, affinity and purchase by delivering value to people around the world, with deep specialisms across food & drink, travel & tourism, consumer tech, consumer health, automotive, sports sponsorship, entertainment & lifestyle, and energy. We are known for:
- Developing data driven insights and strategy to drive measurable impact
- Creating impactful creative that taps into culture
- Creating channel and platform agnostic campaigns that grow organically
- Delivering integrated campaigns that are earned-first but deliver for paid and owned
A snapshot of the role:
Weber Shandwick is looking for a talented Senior Associate (Senior Account Executive-equivalent) who wants to be part of the Corporate Enterprise practice in our London office.
The practice is made up of a smart, dedicated and fun team with expertise spanning B2B, Corporate, Public Affairs, Crisis/Issues, Technology, Social Impact/ESG and Technology.
The ideal candidate will be curious, ambitious, proactive and friendly. The role offers a portfolio of well-known global brands, as well as work on integrated campaigns involving earned media, strategy, creative, analytics and digital specialists.
What will you be doing?
- Support delivery of an exceptional client experience by leading in the development of status reports, materials trackers, media trackers, conference/event trackers and managing logistics for client/team meetings
- Supporting the development of media/campaign strategies and providing knowledgeable recommendations
- Media pitching
- Collaborate with specialist practitioners within the practice and throughout the wider London office to support in the delivery of integrated communications campaigns
- Oversee media research and the development of targeted media lists (top-tier, trade, specialist areas)
- Oversee research and development of media audits
- Oversee accurate and timely media monitoring and campaign results reports
- Develop media materials (press releases, pitch emails, reporter backgrounders, social media posts) with minimal oversight
- Stay on top of industry news, trends and influencers in specific industries and be able to link these to your clients’ objectives
- Attend and lead sections of client meetings and/or teleconferences, overseeing the accurate capturing of meeting notes/actions
- Project management, leading event logistics and liaising with suppliers (e.g. production companies)
Who are you?
- Previous experience in Corporate/B2B/technology PR or marketing
- An interest in the complex world of B2B/Corporate comms – in fact, an interest in the world full stop. The Corporate Enterprise team is an incredibly curious one, with interests spanning tech, sustainability, education, politics and more.
- An understanding and proficiency in both media relations and the delivery of an exceptional client experience
- A strong roster of journalist contacts with [Corporate, technology, B2B] and vertical sector beats at titles covering international, national and trade/vertical sector publications
- Experience using standard PR tools (e.g. ResponseSource, Cision, Gorkana)
- Be an excellent communicator and possess exceptional writing skills, particularly the ability to digest complex information and turn it into compelling, understandable written copy
Our Values and Behaviours:
Curiosity, inclusion, courage, impact. Our work and our culture are shaped by our values:
- CURIOSITY: We cultivate curiosity and challenge convention. Because solving any problem begins with asking the right questions
- INCLUSION: We foster teams and environments built on belonging and openness to possibility. Because the best ideas have no bias
- COURAGE: We stand up for what we believe in. Because being comfortable with the uncomfortable is how progress is made
- IMPACT: We strive to make a meaningful difference in everything we do. Because we owe it to our people, our clients and the world
The Perks & Benefits:
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave (in addition to public holidays) plus 2 volunteering days
- Personal pension plan
- Early Friday finish
- Online access to 650+ retail discounts
- Group life assurance
- Group income protection
Note from the talent team:
We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, down to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search
Weber Shandwick is an Equal Opportunities Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.