London, England, United Kingdom
Who is Weber Shandwick ?
We create cultural value and help brands navigate the ever-changing age of earned: an age where consumers actively say no to advertising; an age where everyone is an influencer that can make or break your brand; an age where content can be turned into commercial opportunity. Our talented team build brands by finding connection points in the real works. We energise the right mix of talent, using the right platforms and latest technology to choreography stories that make a real and meaningful impact for some of the world’s leading brands and businesses eg HSBC, Iceland, Amazon Prime , Unilever , Ebay, Tinder and Pintrest to name a few.
We earn affection, attention, affinity and purchase by delivering value to people around the works, with deep specialisms across food & drink, travel & tourism, consumer tech, consumer health, automotive, sports sponsorship, entertainment & lifestyle and energy. We are known for:
- Developing data driven insights and strategy to drive measurable impact
- Creating impact creative that taps into culture
- Creating channel and platform agnostic campaigns that grow organically
- Delivering integrated campaigns that are earned-first but deliver for paid and owned
A snapshot of the role:
The Consumer Practice at Weber Shandwick create world-class work and words got out…Our reputation for delivering engaging communications that strike up conversations between consumer and brands means we're working with an enviable client list across a diverse range of sectors including; entertainment, consumer health, food & drink and beauty.
But we won't stop there! The team is growing and we're looking to bring in an Associate (Account Executive) with strong media relations experience to bring the heat.
As a leading global PR firm and PR Week’s #1 Consumer PR agency in 2021, we can offer you real opportunities for development and somewhere to cultivate your passion.
What will you be doing?
- Developing strong media relationships, proactively identifying and driving media opportunities which support the client’s business objectives
- Meet with key media contacts face to face to form relationships and your little black book and feedback key information
- Building relationships with influencers and working across influencer activation campaigns, as well as bigger integrated campaigns
- Drafting various pieces of content including: press releases and media alerts, media pitches and assisting the team to ensure copy is prepared, approved and submitted in line with deadlines and much more!
Ideal Experience Required:
- Experience working on PR campaigns with national consumer brands
- Social media and/or digital experience – and be excited to explore the ample opportunities to develop these areas of the business
- Strong communications and client-handling skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Be happy presenting – whether internally or to a client
- Be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
What’s in it for you:
- JUICE – Our flexible working model
- 25 days annual leave + Birthday & x-mas period off
- Personal pension plan
- Early finish Fridays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private dental insurance
- Gym discounts
- Heath cash plan
- Group life assurance
- Group income protection
- Flexible life insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Buy & Sell Holiday
- Private pension plan
- Travel Insurance
- Private medical
We are super excited to show off our new agile office with:
- Range of small, medium and large meeting rooms whether you are taking an important call or working on need a war room for that big pitch
- Hot desk with duel screens in your team section or with the project team
- Join us in the library for a bit of peace and quiet
- Use our break-out areas for an informal meeting or just to catch up
- Take advantage of our café and the great hall to grab a bite to eat with your favorite people
- Get some fresh air and some Vitamin D on our roof terrace
- Leave your stuff in your personalized digital locker….with charger
- Give in to your hunger and explore Eataly on the ground floor or venture to the amazing Spitafields market where you are spoilt for choice!
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.