Junior Financial Analyst
New York, New York, United States
We are looking for a Junior Financial Analyst who will report to the Director of Finance for our New York office. The Junior Financial Analyst will assist in our financial processes and reporting, to support business planning and decision making at Weber Shandwick. This role has advancement opportunity, and a supportive team who will help the individual grow to their full potential.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 0-1 years of finance experience in a service industry.
They will be performing the following:
- Assist in preparation of monthly P&L statements
- Assist in preparation and maintenance of employee utilization reports
- Assist in month end closing processes including:
- Regional and local cost analysis and reporting
- Time analysis, adjustments, and due diligence
- Journal entry preparation
- Updating budgets with month-end actuals
- Preparing top down financial reports for management
- Assist in preparation of quarterly budget updates
- Support practice groups by providing financial data as needed
- Special projects as assigned
- 0 – 1 years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Required (Finance or Accounting preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to analyze reports/data and communicate information in a clear and concise manner
- SAP knowledge a plus
- Service industry experience a plus
- Well organized with strong time management skills and attention to detail, ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and a proactive disposition
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.