Executive Vice President, Employee Engagement
New York, New York, United States
About United Minds
United Minds, part of the Weber Shandwick Collective, is Weber Shandwick’s in-house management consultancy that helps clients transform their organizations, with a particular focus on the people side of change. We support change management; leader, manager and organizational enablement; employer brand development; diversity, equity and inclusion strategy and communications; and employee engagement.
Leveraging a deep bench of specialists, we work with leading global brands to deliver positive, lasting change with data-fueled strategy and counsel, engaging stakeholders in every part of the process. By tapping into the breadth of Weber Shandwick’s creative, communications and engagement expertise, United Minds has the unique ability to provide end-to-end solutions, from strategy to execution.
While we think and work globally and we are in the process of growing our network in Latin America, Asia and EMEA. We are a diverse team of management consultants, strategists and employee engagement experts committed to solving a wide range of complex challenges that our clients ask us to collaborate with them on.
We are seeking an Executive Vice President of Organizational Transformation and Change Management, to join our North America team that can generate new business, lead client consulting projects and contribute to thought leadership.
- Accountable, along with other members of the UM senior team, for the growth and operation of United Minds in the U.S.
- Lead new business pitches and proposals including the development of strategies, tactics, resource and time plans and budgets
- Lead client projects and provide senior counsel to C-suite clients in various areas of organizational transformation including culture, change, and leadership effectiveness,
- Keep knowledge current through a combination of formal training, mentoring, coaching, networking and “on the job” development
- Manage an existing team of consultants and be accountable for talent recruitment, retention and development as the revenue and team grows
- Coach and manage less experienced colleagues on your project-based teams to ensure client success, team success and commercial success of the projects you lead
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams across Weber Shandwick and IPG who are solving complex client challenges, providing high quality counsel as part of these teams
- Deliver exceptional client experience, take responsibility for building senior client relationships, and proactively address issues and concerns that might affect these relationships
- In partnership with United Minds leadership and as a senior member of the team, help build credibility and awareness for the United Minds brand internally and externally
- Act as a leader of the global UM community, actively contributing to growth of the practice, our offers, and our team
Knowledge, skills and experience
- An inspirational and galvanizing leader with a proven track record of growing business and building effective teams
- Fifteen or more years of experience working in organisational transformation, with a focus on culture, change, and leadership effectiveness, in large, complex, multinational organisations
- Strong consultative skills including project scoping, insight gathering, problem solving, strategy development, influencing, facilitation, intervention planning and excellent written and verbal communications
- Experience leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams to deliver exceptional work on time and budget
- Demonstrates a growth mindset with entrepreneurial thinking and balanced ambition, with a proven track record of winning business, often in collaboration with others
- Has the ability to build relationships with C-suite clients and leadership teams
- Has previous experience of integrating and influencing others across a network, and unlocking business opportunities from a broader client portfolio
- Embodies United Minds’ culture in thought and practice – collaborative, tenacious, and entrepreneurial
- Master’s Degree in Organizational Development or related field preferred
- Change management certification such as Prosci is preferable
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.