Account Executive / Senior Account Executive
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Who is Weber Shandwick?
We create cultural value and help brands navigate the ever-changing age of earned: an age where consumers actively say no to advertising; an age where everyone is an influencer that can make or break your brand; an age where content can be turned into commercial opportunity. Our talented team build brands by finding connection points in the real world. We energise the right mix of talent, using the right platforms and latest technology to choreograph stories that make a real and meaningful impact for some of the world’s leading brands and businesses.
We earn affection, attention, affinity and purchase by delivering value to people around the world, with deep specialisms across food & drink, travel & tourism, consumer tech, consumer health, automotive, sports sponsorship, entertainment & lifestyle, and energy. We are known for:
- Developing data driven insights and strategy to drive measurable impact
- Creating impactful creative that taps into culture
- Creating channel and platform agnostic campaigns that grow organically
- Delivering integrated campaigns that are earned-first but deliver for paid and owned
This is a client facing role across a varied client portfolio with an emphasis on corporate/b2b.The successful candidate will be responsible for key media outputs including researching, drafting and pitching media releases, preparing media briefing packs, preparing and delivering social/digital media plans, liaising with clients daily and performing essential account admin tasks in a timely manner. You will also be contributing to new business proposals and pitches and will therefore develop your strategic thinking skills.
We are proud to work with the world’s largest corporations, companies, and organisations. This role offers you the same opportunity – to work with the biggest and best clients in the world.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting in the delivery of multiple client programmes under direction
- Play a supporting role in the management of integrated teams to ensure campaign success
- Input to campaign creation (ideas, research, measurement)
- Deliver evaluation and reporting
- Create status reports and call/meeting recaps to update clients and colleagues
- Understand how client deliverables impact the client’s business
- Support with budget management
- Lead tactical projects and coach junior staff on tasks
- Manage individual client projects including workplans and budgets with minimal supervision
- Meet client expectations, fulfilling KPIs and support in growing accounts
- Contribute to new and organic business opportunities
Who are you?
- Previous experience in PR
- Level – intermediate/progressing
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to deliver project plans
- Coordination and organisation
- Analytical thinking and ability to formulate insights
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deliver campaigns across multiple platforms under direction
- Intermediate in account management duties including client reporting, measurement and evaluation and data analysis
Our Values and Behaviours:
Curiosity, inclusion, courage, impact. Our work and our culture are shaped by our values:
- CURIOSITY: We cultivate curiosity and challenge convention. Because solving any problem begins with asking the right questions
- INCLUSION: We foster teams and environments built on belonging and openness to possibility. Because the best ideas have no bias
- COURAGE: We stand up for what we believe in. Because being comfortable with the uncomfortable is how progress is made
- IMPACT: We strive to make a meaningful difference in everything we do. Because we owe it to our people, our clients and the world
The Perks & Benefits:
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave (in addition to public holidays) plus 2 volunteering days + birthday and Christmas period off
- Personal pension plan
- Early Friday finish
- Online access to 650+ retail discounts
- Group life assurance
- Group income protection
Note from the talent team:
We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, down to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search
At Weber Shandwick, we are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.