Senior Manager, Client Experience
San Francisco, California, United States
Weber Shandwick is looking for a Senior Manager to join our Corporate practice in San Francisco.
Are you a strategic, creative and passionate story teller? If so, we're seeking a Senior Manager candidate with an expertise in corporate communications/professional services verticals. The ideal candidate has a passion for working with a range of clients, is familiar with the current media landscape across verticals (both from a national and local lens) and has proven experience telling stories on behalf of corporate brands, executive visibility/thought leadership, counseling and managing clients, executing integrated campaigns and working across agency teams. The following is a general outline of primary responsibilities:
- Thinking: Has intellectual curiosity and creative thinking skills.
- Storytelling: Understands the elements that make a story exciting, what brands are doing in the press and on social platforms, and what they should do next.
- Communication: Speaks, writes and edits succinctly and compellingly.
- Management: Meets deadlines and thinks well on his/her feet. Works well in a fast pace environment.
- Interpersonal: Plays nice, whether it’s on a team, across geographies or independently.
- Technical: Is familiar with Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook – media databases and social tracking tools are a bonus.
- Detail-Oriented: Has a keen attention to detail and a commitment to delivering clear and precise work, whether it’s a media list, a recap report, client email, etc.
- Spark: Understands what sets himself/herself apart.
- Serve as a key team member on multiple accounts, managing multiple projects at once.
- Craft, present and execute integrated communications strategies for major campaigns.
- Brainstorm and bring to life compelling ideas for clients, media and influencers.
- Mine, negotiate and activate influencer marketing programs.
- Coordinate and execute large scale experiential activations and events.
- Function across disciplines with a knowledge of social media strategies and tactics.
- Monitor media outlets for coverage of client and competitor news.
- Understand industry issues that directly and indirectly affect the client.
- Compose media materials (press releases, pitch notes, client briefings, messaging documents, sample Q&A, proposals, bylined articles, supporting social content, etc.).
- Proof and edit client related documents.
- Manage and build relationships with media.
- Lead story mining sessions and media trainings with senior clients.
- Mentor and manage junior staff.
Client & Team Engagement
- Communicate with clients on a daily basis.
- Provide ongoing client counsel.
- Serve as a key participant in client meetings and presentations.
- Conduct and manage the flow of research and materials development necessary to analyze client issues.
- Manage clients, team resources and deliverables around major campaigns and programs.
- 5-7 years of experience in a PR/communications role with expertise in writing, plan development, media relations strategy and execution, event management, social content, measurement and monitoring.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Strong experience with both large-scale and start-up business environments preferred.
Weber Shandwick is a leading global marketing and communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world.
We push beyond category convention, pairing data-driven insights with creative prowess to deliver game-changing ideas that earn attention and drive business impact. We have a deep bench of talent across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications.
Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.