New York, New York, United States
Weber Shandwick is a leading global marketing and communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. We push beyond category convention, pairing data-driven insights with creative prowess to deliver game-changing ideas that earn attention and drive business impact. We have a deep bench of talent across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
We are seeking an extremely competent Administrative Assistant in New York City to support the Executive Vice President and Practice Lead and the Executive Vice President and North America Media Relations Lead with day-to-day administrative and operational duties. The ideal candidate will be someone who is proactive, resourceful, highly organized, diligent, detail-oriented, efficient, and takes initiative. They will be unflappable and thrive in a high-intensity, fast-paced environment. Due to the nature of the work, the candidate must have meticulous attention to detail and be able and eager to juggle multiple responsibilities.
- Oversee logistics and provide critical support for internal and external meetings (scheduling, material prep, key stakeholder coordination, etc.)
- On-site coordination requirements will increase as in-person and in-office meetings and events continue to return
- Presentation coordination and assembly with speakers and contributors is important, so familiarity and a high level of comfort with Microsoft Office (especially PowerPoint) is crucial
- Galvanize and reinforce office culture through the management of recognition and celebratory events (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.) as well as other office activities such as office holiday party
- Update and oversee management of essential team documents, including new business, new hire and marketing materials
- Support senior team in keeping appropriate agency systems updated (e.g. client and team listservs, etc.)
- Partner with Finance, HR and IT on new hires and orientation, tech needs across the office, POs and vendor coordination, etc.
- Provide administrative support for the Executive Vice President and Practice Lead and the Executive Vice President and North America Media Relations Lead, including:
- Scheduling and coordinating travel arrangements;
- Time and expense reporting;
- Calendar and appointment management (navigating both internal teams as well as interfacing with clients and prospects);
- Office expenses, including supplies and subscriptions;
- Some general administrative and telephone support and management of contacts; and
- Special projects as assigned
- Ability to have discretion with confidential information
- BA or BS degree
- At least 1-2 years of professional administrative experience in a fast paced, professional environment
- Proficient in MS Office (Word and Excel) with strong PowerPoint skills and experience editing presentations
- Extreme attention to detail, ability to multi-task and juggle priorities
- Smart, self-starter, resourceful and ready to jump in
- Solution-oriented in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience in meeting coordination and event planning
- Experience working on multiple projects
- Client service experience a plus
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.