Sr. Creative Technologist
New York, New York, United States
Weber Shandwick is currently seeking a Sr. Creative Technologist / Producer to join its Futures team. This motivated collaborator will work closely with a core group, along with an extended network of agency colleagues and external partners, to help concept, scope, plan and execute boundary-busting, emerging tech-fueled client programs.
Critical to the success of the role this individual’s ability to work as a project leader, engaging with external partners including technology platforms, internal stakeholders, and subject-matter experts to create bespoke solutions. This individual must bring to the role a strategic and program execution lens to help develop service MVPs, proofs of concept, and/or pilot programs for new technologies and platforms, and to drive their implementation. This colleague will also take an active role in shaping and managing custom workshops that bring the firm’s collective Futures/Media Genius intel and assets and bear to address clients’ unique challenges.
Importantly, fueled by learnings from technology pilots, client asks, signal-spotting and research, the Architect will also help to conceive of new potential disciplines/services, and work with the team to evaluate, brainstorm, research, articulate, experiment and package new offers.
This is a new role, one central to the continued growth and success of the firm. This individual will report to an Executive Vice President.
- Partner closely with the senior Futures team to imagine, architect and execute next generation strategic innovation programs with an emphasis on emerging disruptive technologies
- Manage multiple programs, including development and activation of client pilots in support of new service development and development of intellectual capital/market visibility assets
- As part, manage collaborations across stakeholders, with potential to include agency leadership, client experience, digital/creative tech/social, strategy content, creative and agency communications, and external partners across technology, higher education, venture capital, marketing services and beyond.
- Help drive successful completion of established team objectives, flexing to advise/shift/recommend adjustments when new/unexpected client or agency priorities emerge.
- Continually define/refine inputs given potentially vague initial brief, incorporating insights to articulate robust, pragmatic requirements documents
- Define and support cross-functional teams on roles, responsibilities, processes. Help onboard team members and partners to ensure most productive collaboration with team.
- Support team operations, from day-to-day management of programs and deliverables, to developing junior team members through client programs and new service development.
- Negotiate conflict, manage differences of opinion, and communicate effectively.
- Demonstrate strong, professional work ethic, financial acumen, solution orientation.
- 6+ years of program management, preferably in an agency setting, digital marketing, communications, content development or creative.
- Firm understanding of digital / social strategy and channels, emerging platforms, and the complex inter-connectivity between them to architect programs. Experience leading creative technology ideation and implementation programs and solutions.
- Familiarity with different types of programs and deliverables, such as strategic planning, creative ideation, video, social and editorial content, digital, presentation design, and partner management. Interest in/understanding of emerging technologies is key.
- Vision to conceive of potential new programs based on complex landscape of client, media, and industry changes, and the ability to articulate and package recommendations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with team members across levels, building trust in your abilities to get the job done effectively.
- Ability to shift priorities, realign resources as pressing client and/or agency needs arise.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Interest in being part of a collaborative, energetic, get-things-done team.
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.