Detroit, Michigan, United States
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Weber Shandwick Detroit is looking for a Senior Strategist to join our growing team and fuel communications and creative strategies for one of the world’s biggest and best-known automotive brands.
About you: The Senior Strategist will work to architect powerful business driving communications strategies. The ideal candidate is an insightful thinker who immerses themselves in research, loves to understand what drives consumers to act and is relentless about finding unexpected insights to drive communications forward. In this role, you will be involved in all elements of strategic planning including creating and analyzing data and market trends, shaping market research, and developing impactful insights and strategies that solve our client’s challenges.
- Initiate and help to execute strategic process, from research plan to creative brief, for approval from senior strategy leads.
- Lead various strategic engagements and assignments, with input from various teams across the account
- Partner with influencer experts on strategies to identify and leverage influential voices through earned storytelling and paid partnerships
- Mine data, research, and intelligence reports for insights and implications
- Manage multiple client programs and plans simultaneously, and be able and willing to work closely with integrated teams such as Client Experience, Analytics, or Creative
- Drive development of tactical plans, translating strategies into tactics; ensure team deliverables align with strategies
- Work closely with creative teams to ensure ideas are capable of breaking through and tapping key cultural or media trends
- Be an early adopter of new media trends, platforms and practices – and democratize learnings for our entire account
- 5-8 years of experience. Some agency experience preferred.
- Experience working with integrated teams and/or across various disciplines including influencer, earned, social, etc.
- Demonstrated experience using various research and social listening tools to derive relevant insights to inform creative and media executions.
- Demonstrated experience with analytics, including analyzing & interpreting data to write clear and compelling insights
- Clear and compelling presentation skills.
- Agility in working style – demonstrated ability to work against tight timelines and to work collaboratively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the capability to construct and support arguments.
- Automotive experience preferred, but not required
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.