Creative Director, Copy
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Weber Shandwick is seeking a Creative Director/Copy to join our growing Detroit team. We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about the convergence of marketing and PR to amplify storytelling, take integrated campaigns to the next level and generate earned media. Content development of all kinds is an integral part of the role, as is leveraging a variety of social channels and new media to tell compelling, contextually relevant product and technology stories that generate earned media and engagement.
- Provide creative leadership, ideation, direction and executional support for automotive-related campaigns, launches, reveals and related storytelling
- Oversee the creative process from concept to completion – from ideation and scripting to casting, wardrobe and edits – ensure teams have accounted for every aspect of production
- Lead and do – write concepts, presentations and scripts as needed
- Spearhead the creation of branded content that elicits a visceral and emotional response
- Collaborate with account and talent partners to identify and source influencers that will amplify storytelling and reach
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with clients and partner agencies
- Strengthen the process of integration between creatives, CX and strategy
- Confidently present creative concepts and executions to clients and leadership
- Ensure concepts are rooted in strategic insights and aligned with the creative brief
- Stay in tune with industry and social trends; encourage teams to leverage them in their creative work
- Lead, train and mentor copywriters, art directors, designers and editors
- Understand various execution formats and incorporate creative best practices for various social media networks including Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook and Reddit
- 8-10+ years of experience in a creative leadership role and managing a creative team (advertising, digital, social media, publishing/content or public relations)
- Strong understanding of both public relations and marketing best practices
- Ongoing drive to understand emerging techniques, digital design trends and philosophies in marketing, technology, interaction and social media
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and timely, helpful feedback to elevate and refine the work while staying on schedule and budget
- Excellent oral and written presentation and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work and resources based on short and long-term needs
- Proven mentoring and team-building skills
- Experience in journalism and/or working in both PR and marketing agencies is a major plus
- Experience leading creative for large brands is preferred (not mandatory)
- Experience working in the automotive industry is preferred (not mandatory)
- Must have a portfolio (may include spec work and unproduced concepts)
About Weber Shandwick Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age's Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek's Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke's Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.