Detroit, Michigan, United States
Weber Shandwick is looking for a Senior Copywriter to join our growing creative team in Detroit. In this role, you’ll write engaging content for social, emerging, digital and traditional media. Candidates must have a passion for writing anything and everything, from social posts and scripts to integrated campaigns and case studies. If you’re a consummate storyteller interested in stepping outside of your comfort zone, we’d love to talk to you.
If you join our team, you’re not joining a traditional PR agency. Instead, you’ll have the potential to work on campaigns that span social, digital, public relations, broadcast and experiential landscapes. You’ll get the chance to ideate and write unexpected launch ideas that drive conversation and engagement, collaborate with influencers and so much more. We look for well-rounded creatives who excel at adapting to any platform or medium to tell a great story.
- Collaborate with an art director partner to develop and execute creative concepts for integrated campaigns, content of all kinds, social media, product launches, reveals and more
- Craft stories that spotlight products and technology in compelling and contextually relevant ways
- Write anything and everything with meticulous attention to detail
- Collaborate with designers, strategists, producers and editors to bring ideas to life
- Present your work comfortably and confidently during internal reviews and client meetings
- Take ownership of your projects from concept to completion
- Identify opportunities to transform smaller projects into bigger ideas
- Build and maintain strong rapport with creative team colleagues, client leads and project managers
- Elevate the brand voice while ensuring consistency across all channels
- Attend local and out-of-state shoots to ensure all story elements are captured
- Maintain strong working knowledge of product features and benefits
- Stay in tune with industry and social trends and leverage them in your creative concepts
- Incorporate feedback from Creative Directors, teammates and clients with precision and a positive attitude
- 4+ years of copywriting or content development experience in an agency or related field
- Bachelor's degree or higher in English, copywriting, communications, public relations, or a related field. Ad School also welcome
- Excellent concepting, writing and presentation skills
- Full command of the creative process
- Versatility to write for a variety of audiences and media
- An awesome, collaborative attitude and desire to do breakthrough work
- Must be self-motivated, meticulous, well-organized and deadline-driven
- Knowledgable about emerging media, trends and philosophies in design, technology, social media, storytelling and engagment
- Experience working in the automotive industry is preferred (not mandatory)
- Must have a portfolio (may include spec work and unproduced concepts)
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.