Account Director, Client Experience
Chicago, Illinois, United States
We are looking for a new Account Director for the Chicago office. This is a unique, career-enhancing role on a large account, and an opportunity to partner with exceptional senior account leaders across the company.
This Account Director role will manage client partnerships and cross functional agency partners, as well as deploy teams in the most efficient and productive way to execute flawlessly and be a supportive coach.
The client relies on us to deliver not only the best PR work possible, but to lead unbranded programs and branded milestones. The successful candidate will have experience with food and beverage product launches, category marketing, consumer and digital programs, passion, never-ending curiosity, a desire to always be better, and the ability to inspire and connect with teams across offices. S/he will be a hands-on leader that fits with our overall culture. We are a company of doers even at the most senior level.
- Build and nurture relationship by providing, direction and guidance to colleagues, day-to-day teams and clients
- Lead, develop and coach a team
- Develop quality standards, flawless execution and ensure client satisfaction
- Draw on our agency and cross functional resources, and bringing our clients the best what and how possible for every project
- Deliver state-of-the-art counsel and content to clients
- Deliver above expectations, continuing to fulfill the trusted client partner role
- Work with peers to further the mission, goals and culture of the agency
- Mentor individuals so that they can achieve their professional goals
- Bachelor's degree required
- 6+ years of experience in PR inclusive of agency experience working on large scale integrated communications campaigns
- Experience with category marketing
- Digital Experience
- Experience on accounts that span multiple cities, integrated teams, across agency partners
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Great track record of success leading teams and developing talent
- Proficiency in MS Office, advanced proficiency in PowerPoint and other presentation platforms
- An entrepreneurial spirit, strong leadership qualities, and a collaborative attitude
- Propensity to organize thinking, break down complexity and manage shifting priorities at a fast pace
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Best Places to Work in 2019 and was the only PR firm designated an Ad Age A-List Agency Standout in 2017 and 2018. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand, commodity and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick’s Chicago office works with some of the largest food and beverage companies in the world, with expertise in communicating health and nutrition benefits.
We deliver innovative, impactful work for our clients that has resulted in significant growth of the practice and earned our teams multiple awards. This success is due to our people, our relationships, a culture that inspires, an incredible team of experts in scientific communications, and an embedded digital/social team who make our clients stand out. We are also well-connected to the large Weber Shandwick network, partnering daily with clients and colleagues globally.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.