Senior Associate, Media Relations
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Weber Shandwick is looking for a Senior Associate to join our Corporate Media Relations team in Boston.
We Are Seeking
We are looking for a star Senior Associate to work across a variety of accounts and work streams. The ideal candidate has experience with and a passion for working with a wide range of clients and corporate communications, with the ability to anticipate client and team needs, develop strategy, create messaging, and leverage strong media contacts.
- Serve as key team member on multiple accounts, managing multiple projects
- Develop media materials (press releases, pitch emails, reporter backgrounders, bylined articles)
- Develop targeted media lists, pitch, and learn/follow clients' priority media: top-tier, trade, social influencers
- Develop social media strategies and content
- Track and analyze media hits and campaign results against KPIs
- Develop deep knowledge of client industry and contribute to the development of strategic client plans
- Participate in client meetings and/or teleconferences, accurately capture meeting notes, next steps
- Serve as a role model to other team members, producing high quality work and continually updating manager on progress of activities
- Track/enter time with precision and on a day-to-day basis, and perform other administrative tasks as assigned
What We Are Looking For
- Experience developing and delivering media relations programs for a variety of client mixes
- Aptitude to work independently
- Excellent oral and written business communication skills
- Can complete challenging projects within set parameters
- Exceptional judgment when working with team members, client contacts and vendors
- Ability to anticipate client and team needs
- Attention to detail and quality
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ year corporate communications experience in an agency setting
- Experience in working with media
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.