Associate, Client Experience
Chicago, Illinois, United States
The Weber Shandwick Healthcare practice is seeking an Associate to join its growing Chicago office.
What You Will Be Doing
We are seeking someone who is passionate about healthcare and making a difference in the lives of patients living with various diseases and conditions. The Weber Shandwick Chicago office is currently seeking an eager, detail-oriented Associate for its Healthcare Practice. The ideal candidate has experience working on healthcare media relations/campaigns, conducting traditional and social/digital media outreach and developing communications materials. Strong writing skills are a must
- Develop media materials (press releases, pitch emails, reporter backgrounders, social media posts)
- Develop communications assets including awards submissions, web copy, fact sheets, etc.
- Learn, follow and flag to internal teams and clients updates related to clients’ landscape (disease states, competitors/peers, industry issues, media coverage and reporter moves)
- Draft content to reach consumers and healthcare professionals through targeted earned, owned and paid efforts
- Conduct research and media audits independently, demonstrating close attention to detail
- Deliver accurate and timely media monitoring and campaign results reports to reviewer
- Maintain and update status reports, including materials trackers, media trackers, conference/event trackers
- Participate in client meetings and/or teleconferences, accurately capture meeting notes, next steps
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1-2 years Healthcare and/or PR/Media agency experience
- Interest in healthcare and life sciences fields
- Professional demeanor
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as autonomously
- Can prioritize multiple tasks and manage time in a consistent manner
- Experience with coordinating vendors and external partners
- Some experience working directly with clients
- Resourceful and effective problem solver
- Experience pitching healthcare media and securing stories
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.