Chicago, Illinois, United States
IPGDXTRA is a wholly-owned unit of The Interpublic Group of Companies (NYSE: IPG), the world’s leading marketing communications company.
We seek a Technical Analyst to join our Information Technology team in our Chicago office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical end-user desktop computer support as needed.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot desktop systems, workstations, mobile devices, servers, and network issues.
- Resolve end user’s desktop computer and mobile device issues that may include but not limited to loan/track loaner hardware, printer troubleshooting and configuration, installing software and/or hardware peripherals, perform daily backup procedures, liaise with 3rd party software/hardware vendors for problem resolution and rollout of new software packages, upgrades, and new desktop hardware.
- Troubleshoot problems applying established techniques, procedures or specific standards described in organizational operating guidelines.
- AV Setup and breakdown of large meeting events onsite
Make daily rounds to all conference rooms to ensure equipment is operational
- Work closely with the Hospitality manager for events scheduled each day
- Train office staff how to properly use conference room AV systems
- Manage conference room and event inventory
- Work with AV vendor to facilitate repairs that require escalated support
- Research and suggest new technologies that can improve the AV options available
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
- Demonstrated teamwork, customer satisfaction, problem solving, communication and business knowledge are skills critical to the success of this position.
- May also perform other duties as assigned by their manager.
This position relies on the use of defined issue resolution techniques, procedures, and a variety of routines to handle and resolve issues. The technical analyst is expected to scope out the End User’s computing environment and work towards a timely issue resolution. Many end users rely significantly on their computer, mobile device, and other technology and therefore, timely issue resolution is critical. The technical analyst will work with the Enterprise Service Desk as well as Interpublic GIS teams.
This position may interface with all levels of employees across the company.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree and/or 3+ years equivalent technical support work experience. Additionally, the position requires knowledge of various MAC and/or PC software and hardware equipment, basic LAN/WAN knowledge, as well as the ability to analyze and solve computer related problems.
- Windows 10, Apple OSX10.14 and above
- O365 Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint)
- Internet Browsers (Internet Explorer, Safari, FireFox, Chrome, Edge)
- Server, Desktop and Laptops (Dell, HP, Apple)
- Cloud: Egnyte, OneDrive, G Suite
- Remedy, Ivanti, Connect Wise
- Troubleshooting remote access & network issues
- LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, Network Printing (Canon MFP)
- Mobile Devices / Video Conferencing (Teams, Zoom, WebEx, Blue Jeans)
- SOX Compliance (Sarbanes-Oxley Act)
- Customer focused, Problem solving, Attention to detail; follow up
- Teamwork, Communication – listening and speaking
- SEP (Symantec Endpoint Protection) security
- Attention to detail; follow up
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
IPG DXTRA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. IPG DXTRA recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.