Senior Technology Analyst
New York, New York, United States
Provide technical end-user computer and mobile device support as needed. Installs, configures and troubleshoots, mobile devices, workstations, servers and network issues. Resolves end user’s computer issues that may include but not limited to loan/track loaner hardware, printer troubleshooting and configuration, installing software and/or hardware peripherals, perform daily backup procedures, liaise with 3rd party software/hardware vendors for problem resolution and rollout of new software packages, upgrades, mobile device configuration and new computer hardware. Assists with SOX and Internal Audit documentation for the site. Troubleshoots problems applying established techniques, procedures or specific standards described in organizational operating guidelines. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications. Demonstrates teamwork, customer satisfaction, problem solving, communication, business knowledge and ability to make sensible recommendations are skills critical to the success of this position.
This position relies on the use of defined issue resolution techniques, procedures, and a variety of routines to handle and resolve issues. The senior technical analyst is expected to scope out the End User’s computing environment and work towards a timely issue resolution. Many end users rely significantly on their computer, mobile device, and other technology and therefore, timely issue resolution is critical. The senior technical analyst will work with the Enterprise Service Desk as well as Interpublic GIS teams.
Measurable Impact on the Organization:
This position has a contributory impact on the organization’s operating budget and functionality. This position may interface with all levels of employees across the company and may make decisions that affect the business.
Education and Experience Required:
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree and/or 5 + years equivalent technical support work experience. Additionally, the position requires an advanced knowledge of various MAC and/or PC software and hardware equipment, LAN/WAN knowledge, as well as the ability to analyze and solve semi-routine and more complex computer related problems. Previous experience in troubleshooting, hardware, network and remote access problems is required.
Skills and Competencies required to perform the work:
Education, Skills & Experience
- BA / BS in Information Systems, Computer Science, and/or 5 + years equivalent technical support work experience
- At least 5 years of experience working in a fast paced, demanding desktop support environment for a medium to large company
- At least 5 years of experience in executive level support in an enterprise corporate setting in an onsite and remote capacity
- At least 5 years of experience supporting Windows 10 and OS X
- At least 5 years of experience supporting Microsoft Office suite of products
- At least 5 years supporting multifunction network printers
- At least 5 years of experience supporting remote users
- At least 6 years of experience supporting video conferencing solutions such as Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, Blue Jeans, Google Hangout and Zoom, etc.
- At least 6 years of experience using a helpdesk ticketing solution to manage workload
- At least 5 years of experience using cloud app (Egnyte and Nasuni)
- At least 5 years of experience using VMWare
- At least 3 years of experience with JAMF / JAMF Cloud management
- At least 5 years of experience with Windows Server 2012/2016/2019
- Must be self-motivated
- Must be proactive
- Must be highly resourceful
- Must be responsive and reliable
- Must demonstrate the ability to think independently
- Must be customer service oriented
- Must have outstanding deductive reasoning skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Must demonstrate the willingness to own escalated issues/tasks/projects and see them through to completion with minimal oversight
- Must demonstrate the ability and willingness to multitask
- Must exercise the ability to proactively identify problems (or potential problems) and take steps towards mitigation with minimal oversight
- Must have outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Must be highly technical and demonstrate a desire to tackle challenging support cases/projects
- Must demonstrate the ability to consistently prioritize and manage workload efficiently
- Must have a positive attitude
- Must demonstrate a desire to learn about and administer new technologies
- Must be flexible and highly team oriented
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
IPG DXTRA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. IPG DXTRA recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.