Global Cultural Strategy Director
New York, New York, United States
Our team is responsible for inspiring and advising our global network and clients about culture and how to shape it. Powered by our diverse global Cultural Community, we produce strategic content on emerging and unseen cultural topics and provide cultural consultancy, to fuel and advance our business, clients and people in-culture.
We’re hiring for a Cultural Strategy Director with expertise in contemporary culture and current affairs to deliver a number of in-culture initiatives as part of a small but growing team. You may not have 'Culture' in your current job title, but we define it as someone who is on the pulse of contemporary culture and current affairs and can translate what it means for business and institutions into actionable outputs.
A year from now, you will be in your dream job here and have helped shape and grow this unit and Weber Shandwick in-culture.
What will you be doing?
- Your primary role will be to uncover emerging and hidden cultural insights and macro trends to story-tell and craft strategic actionable opportunities for Weber Shandwick and our clients to shape culture across media, policy, technology and society as a result
- Creatively partner with our production team to research and produce film and social content deeply and strategically investigating culture change
- Instrumental to developing and hosting newsroom-style meetings debating cultural topics; building and managing our global Cultural Community; and providing strategic and creative cultural consultancy on new biz/client/PR projects, which all drive business and engagement results
Who are you?
- Must-have skills: Strong strategist and investigative researcher; good writer or content-making experience
- Ideally worked in social change or public affairs, whether that’s as an analyst, journalist or communications expert, and have a keen interest in this sector
- An intuitive understanding of emerging cultural trends that affect our global society and can connect the dots to meaningful business opportunity
- Blend of being a big-thinking self-starter, and mature and nurturing team player, as you will get plenty of autonomy and creativity
- Previous management responsibilities for staff and deliverables
- Dependable, creative, multi-tasker, mentor and inspiring would be used to describe you
Note from the talent team:
We appreciate the time take to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, due to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search.
At IPG DXTRA we are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.