Vice President, Client Experience
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
We are looking for a VP – Client Experience in our Minneapolis office with specific expertise in Public Affairs. A culture vulture with an entrepreneurial spirit, the VP will be responsible for managing a team across several clients, collaborating with Weber Shandwick’s Insights, Content and Integrated Media communities to develop and execute strategic and creative client plans, providing ongoing client counsel, and working with the leadership team to drive new business growth. The VP will lead work from concept to execution, present ideas to clients, and mentor junior talent.
- Own responsibilities for executional leadership of multiple client programs, budgets, plans
- Maintain daily client contact, serving as a trusted resource and advisor
- Facilitate cross-functional team integration (strategy, creative, integrated media specialists)
- Drive development of tactical plans, translating strategies into tactics; ensure team deliverables align with strategies
- Proactively support and suggest improvements and new ideas to exceed client expectations by leveraging industry knowledge and experience
- Manage ongoing team resourcing/staffing to ensure successful delivery of work product
- Contribute to the career growth of junior team members, serving as mentor and role model
- Actively participate in agency development and assist with new business
- Demonstrate financial acumen in the areas of budgeting, billing and staffing
- 9-12 years of experience
- Public Affairs, government, or political campaign experience
- Experience working with integrated teams, and working on integrated campaigns (influencer, earned media, social media amplification, etc.)
- Some experience with Issues/Crisis Management
- Strong decision-making and project management skills
- Ability to translate client needs into workable plans/projects
- Confident presenter and persuasive speaker
- Team management; people development
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial and endlessly curious
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Best Places to Work in 2019 and was the only PR firm designated an Ad Age A-List Agency Standout in 2017 and 2018. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.