Senior Associate, Client Experience
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Weber Shandwick is currently seeking a Senior Account Executive to join their Corporate & Public Affairs team. This role will be based in Washington, D.C., supporting Weber Shandwick client engagements as well as the work of Powell Tate, the specialty public affairs unit of Weber Shandwick.
Seeking candidates with public affairs experience and understanding of the U.S. political landscape at the federal, state or local levels, as well as the intersection of earned, paid, and owned media. They should also understand the expectations on the private sector to help solve important national and global challenges.
Candidates must have ability to learn issues quickly and communicate effectively with internal and external audiences. They should be proficient conducting traditional and social media outreach and developing communications materials. Strong writing skills are a must.
We are looking for a collaboration-minded person with excellent media relations experience, strong project management skills and fluency in national, business, political and social issues:
- Provide communication support for purpose, public affairs and issue advocacy campaigns on behalf of corporate, non-profit, coalition and trade association clients
- Write and edit media material, key message documents, briefing documents
- Conduct research, including media audits / monitoring and program measurement reports
- Develop status reports, media trackers and weekly action plans for client programs.
- Interact with clients, senior management and providing input into tactics and strategies
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in public affairs, communications, journalism, international relations, political science or other related field.
- 4+ years of communications experience, preferably in an agency environment
- Integrated communications and political/legislative experience
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- Turn ideas into workable plans, while anticipating client and team needs
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet deadlines and client expectations
- Prioritize multiple tasks and manage time in a consistent manner
- Proactive self-starter and problem solver with meticulous attention to detail
- Resilient mindset, deep curiosity, and a healthy sense of humor
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.