Consumer Public Relations Intern
Los Angeles, California, United States
Weber Shandwick's West Coast is seeking a smart, passionate and diverse thinker to help us solve and create industry-defining work for a range of consumer clients. Our internship offers an opportunity to shape data-driven, creative, integrated communications solutions while working closely with a team of dynamic professionals.
From creative brainstorming to day-to-day execution, Weber Shandwick’s Interns form the foundation of a talented team that generates groundbreaking, award-winning programs. Plus, you’ll work on campaigns for iconic brands and companies you likely encounter every single day.
What you'll do all day:
- Create: Craft written communications including media materials and compelling social content.
- Research: Analyze brands using various resources and communications tools.
- Engage: Share big ideas in brainstorms and with teams.
- Plan: Assist in event coordination and logistics.
- Hustle: Pitch stories to media, develop media lists, research journalists, track placements, etc.
- Monitor: Track brands in traditional and social media.
What we're looking for from you:
- Thinking: Do it out of the box. Actually, it’s best if you’re wholly unfamiliar with the concept of boxes.
- Digital: Know all the old school and the latest social media platforms, what brands are doing on them and what they should do next.
- Communication: Speak, write and edit succinctly and compellingly.
- Management: Meet deadlines, put out fires and multi-task. Work fast, and work well.
- Detail-Oriented: Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering clear and precise work is a must.
- Technical: Know Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Familiarity with platforms like Hootsuite, TweetDeck, Cision, Critical Mention, MuckRack, Adobe Creative Suite, Sysomos, Radian6 a plus.
- Dynamic: Ability to work in a fast-paced agency environment.
- Spark: Understand what sets you apart.
What you’ll get from us:
- Support: As you navigate a hybrid workplace, you’ll have regular check-ins, calls and touchpoints with your teams and the whole office to feel connected in our now partially-virtual world.
- Mentor: You’ll be paired with someone in the office to mentor you and help you navigate the waters.
- A large reach: Experience working with colleagues across the Weber Shandwick network.
- Learning and Development: Keep sharp and learn all the new skills with access to trainings and tutorials through complimentary access to LinkedIn Learning as a WS employee.
- A possible career: Internships have the possibility of growing into a Junior Associate position.
- A paycheck! Interns are paid hourly, at 40-hours per week.
- The ideal candidate must be a college graduate by start of internship
- Must be available up to full-time (40 hrs/week) for duration of internship
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred though not required
How to apply:
Candidates are required to submit the following supplements. Incomplete applications will not be eligible for consideration.
- In lieu of a cover letter, please upload a response to the writing prompt below
Prepare a one-page written response to the following question:
Multiculturalism, gender equality and age diversity are important for campaigns and the communication industry as a whole – and it's these things that help us produce award winning work!
In no more than one page double-spaced, tell us about yourself, your views on diversity in our industry, and why you’re positioned to contribute to our work. And while we respect modesty, don’t be bashful – this is an application to the world’s leading communications agency, so we’re keen to see your creativity and strength as a storyteller.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.