Vice President, Business Growth and Operations Management
New York, New York, United States
We are seeking a dynamic New York-based VP of Business Growth and Operations Management in our Global Crisis and Issues Practice. This person will support the Practice President and leadership team in leading key operational, financial, and administrative activities and helping drive the next phase of growth globally.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, resourceful, highly organized, diligent, detail-oriented, efficient, and takes initiative. You will need to deeply understand the goals of this team, the capacity, and capabilities of the team members, and you will partner with the Practice President and leadership team to support the growth of the both the business and our people.
Our Global Crisis and Issues Practice is on the front lines of some of the biggest, most complex issues of the day. The New York team is a group of smart, analytical and hardworking people who care deeply about helping lead our clients through crises and issues to safeguard reputation and make a positive impact on society. We are at the center of a network of specialists that spans 129 markets. The nature of our work requires an ability and eagerness to juggle multiple responsibilities and work with multi-office teams. You will have the opportunity to play a leading role enabling this team and the global Practice succeed and grow.
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in operations management at a professional services firm is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Strong project management and written business communications skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and either Smartsheet and/or other project management tools
All the below will be done in partnership with the Practice President and leadership team and with the support of the Team Coordinator.
Client Retention and Practice Growth
Help with Practice growth and forward plans, as well as revenue forecasts
• Oversee improvement and maintenance of new business and marketing materials
• Support new business submissions in partnership with opportunity leader(s) and the Weber Shandwick New business team by compiling appropriate capabilities and credentials based on the project needs, identifying team resources to support our response, project managing the submission or presentation, and partnering with pitch teams to help develop our response
• Support the team with thought leadership activity
• Track active client work, as well as new business pipeline, ensuring that appropriate agency systems are updated in partnership with leadership and with support from the team’s Team Coordinator
• Work with team to allocate and coordinate resources for key assignments
• Help ensure close alignment between perceived utilization of team members and time entry/reporting leveraging the Resource Management Tool and team manager input
• Partner with Executive Admin. and leadership to guide team meeting agendas and coordination of materials
• Partner with leadership on HR-related administration – from recruiting to onboarding to growth and retention practices
• Assist with talent requests, recommending possible solutions (based on a deep understanding of needs, skillsets and bandwidth) and helping to facilitate conversations that will lead to strong utilization as well as talent development
• Support team with knowledge management and overall practices that ensure connectedness and information sharing (e.g., case studies, SharePoint portal updates).
Financial and Contract Management
• Manage the administrative steps and documentation required for new client assignments, including: Working with team members and finance on scopes; managing the scope review help desk process, in partnership with Finance team, for Crisis & Issues SOWs; working with Legal when needed; working with Finance to open new job codes
• Work on client revenue forecasts and budget updates throughout the year
• Work with other offices where necessary to facilitate Inter-Office Agreements • Help project future allocations
• Work with account leaders from other Practices for larger-scale projects and accounts to manage financial tracking
• Liaise with finance to help leadership monitor and track group performance (e.g., burn against budget), revenue forecasts, and manage future activities accordingly
Client-facing Project Management Support
• Work with client teams on larger accounts to set up effective project management and operations tools
• Work with leads and finance to ensure accurate reporting, scoping and projections
• Identify and help manage short- and long-term staffing needs.
About the Global Crisis and Issues Practice:
Weber Shandwick’s Global Crisis and Issues Practice helps leading organizations both manage breaking negative issues and events affecting reputation and develop the internal culture and infrastructure needed to anticipate, prepare, and navigate them effectively. From cyberattacks, environmental protests, high-profile litigation, and misinformation defense to sweeping product recalls, multinational bankruptcies and executive controversies, we live at the intersection of business, media, policy, culture and society.
Our multi-disciplinary team of experts in crisis, public policy, culture, business, and analytics know how to make sense of data to provide context and perspective and predict trends. We mitigate against vulnerabilities, provide real-time feedback and validate communications strategies to help clients navigate risk and reward in a complex and ever-changing world.
About Weber Shandwick:
Weber Shandwick is a leading global marketing and communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world.
We push beyond category convention, pairing data-driven insights with creative prowess to deliver game-changing ideas that earn attention and drive business impact. We have a deep bench of talent across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications.
Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.