Account Director (B2B / Energy / Oil & Gas)
London, England, United Kingdom
Weber Shandwick is looking for a talented Account Director keen to join the B2B practice in its London or Scotland office, a dedicated and smart team driving creative, impactful marketing and communications solutions for clients.
The successful candidate will enjoy working on a portfolio of well-known global energy and B2B brands, executing integrated campaigns involving earned media, strategy, creative, analytics and digital.
You’ll lead the day-to-day running of accounts, provide counsel, support in the development of campaign and media strategies, manage budgets, and manage the flawless execution of activities.
What will you be doing?
- Provide high-level strategic counsel to clients, being able to proactively identify and assess problems, define logical and effective strategies, and implement solutions on their behalf
- Be a highly trusted senior point of contact for clients, responsible for leading a team to deliver an exceptional client experience
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams in the development of both over-arching strategy and creative campaign ideas
- Act as a facilitator, bringing in specialist practitioners within the B2B practice and throughout the wider London office to support in the delivery of integrated communications campaigns
- Lead market co-ordination for UK, international and global campaigns
- Oversee the flawless execution of media/campaign strategies of multiple accounts simultaneously
- Draft copy to a very high standard while also editing and overseeing the quality of all other content produced by teams
- Lead in the development and presentation of new business pitches
- Help with the training and development of junior team members
Who are you?
- Significant previous experience in B2B/energy PR or marketing
- An interest in the complex world of B2B – in fact, an interest in the world full stop. The B2B team is an incredibly curious one, with interests spanning tech, sustainability, education, politics and more. We use this to bring fresh perspective, helping tell B2B stories through the lens of so many other industries
- Proficiency in both media relations and the delivery of an exceptional client experience
- A comprehensive roster of journalist contacts with technology and B2B vertical sector beats at titles covering international, national and trade/vertical sector publications
- A proven ability to manage large and multi-market teams to deliver work of the highest quality
- Experience working with multiple disciplines and specialists to deliver integrated campaigns
- Mastery in copywriting a range of external and media materials including press releases, key message documents, pitches, social media content, etc.
PERKS OF THE JOB:
- 25 days holiday + 2 extra days at Christmas + 2 annual days for volunteering
- Flexible working
- Employee wellbeing perks including things like; EAP mental health support, free membership to Headspace meditation
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas company parties
- Pension scheme
- Access to health insurance
Note from the talent team:
We appreciate the time take to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, due to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search.
At IPG DXTRA we are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.