Detroit, Michigan, United States
Weber Shandwick is looking for an Art Director to join our growing creative team. In this role, you’ll partner with a copywriter to develop concepts and executions for a variety of social media, digital, PR and branding projects as well as integrated campaigns (large and small) and presentations. The ability to collaborate with teammates and production partners is fundamental to the role. Our office is based in Detroit, but we’re open to remote.
- Crafting stories and building brands through campaign-level thinking and execution
- Ongoing development of new ideas, creative concepts and design solutions
- Creation of production-ready designs and layouts
- Establish the look/tone/feel for campaigns and executions
- Convey ideas through well-designed presentations and idea boards
- Ensure all visual campaign components adhere to brand guidelines
- Collaborate with creative directors, copywriters, producers and other team members to flesh out and refine creative concepts and executions
- Translate content ideas into storyboards, shot lists, casting specs, set and wardrobe recommendations, etc.
- Attend shoots to ensure all the visual components are captured
- Review rough cuts and convey clear, actionable feedback to editors and producers
- Incorporate feedback from Creative Directors, teammates and clients with precision and a positive attitude
- 3-4+ years of art direction and/or design experience in an agency or related department (advertising, PR, digital, social media, and/or publishing/content)
- Proficiency in advertising design and conceptual thinking
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently and accurately with Adobe Creative Suite programs (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) as well as presentation tools such as PowerPoint
- Must be self-motivated, hard-working, well-organized and deadline-driven
- Knowledgable about emerging meida, trends and philosophies in design, technology, social media, storytelling and engagment
- Experience working in the automotive industry is preferred (not mandatory)
- Must have a portfolio (may include spec work and unproduced concepts)
- Bonus skills: UX/UI, animation, photography, retouching, content creation, videography, editorial design
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.