Senior Art Director
Chicago, Illinois, United States
We’re looking for a talented Senior Art Director to join our team in our Chicago office.
The Senior Art Director will spend most of their time working toward a variety of creative objectives on behalf of a range of clients across industries including clients in the consumer vertical.
Whether driving a big project (a multi-channel campaign) or handling a small task (a social post), we need a nimble art director who consistently delivers exciting, cutting-edge, brand-focused visuals for various digital and print projects. If there's a medium that gets people engaged in our brands’ stories, we play in that space. We look for well-rounded, immersive creators who are able to adapt to any platform or media to tell a great story.
The candidate must be comfortable directly engaging with clients and bringing their creative ideas to life. Working with some of the most talented copywriters and designers, this candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Crafting stories and building brands through campaign level thinking and execution
- Work with copywriters, producers and other team members to flesh out the creative development of social media ideas and tactical executions
- Develop original concepts and executions with the intention of sparking conversation and engagement in the social media space. These ideas can be published across various social media channels, published through influencer channels, or may transcend social media, digital and traditional advertising.
- Ongoing development of new ideas, creative concepts and design solutions
- Creation of production-ready designs and layouts, establish the look/tone/feel for campaigns and executions, and convey ideas through well-designed presentations
- In all social media-specific concepts, be sure to understand various execution formats and incorporate creative/design/layout best practices for various social media networks including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Translate video story ideas into visual sequences through storyboards, mood boards, etc.
- Ensure all visual design adheres to existing brand guidelines
- Be proactive and deliver assignments on-time
- Work across a fully integrated team with client experience, project managers, strategy, analytics, etc.
- Collaborate professionally and help maintain a positive work environment for all team members; will be asked on occasion to design presentation decks for team members in PPT
- 5+ years of art direction and/or design experience in a related agency department or industry (advertising, digital, social media, publishing/content or public relations).
- Must have a portfolio (share anything that conveys the way you think or approach assignments, even if it was never produced; we like rough sketches).
- Prior healthcare/public health experience
- Be curious, self-motivated, hard-working, well-organized, thick skinned and resilient to ever-changing timelines, requests, and deliverables.
- Ongoing drive to learn and incorporate new and emerging techniques, trends and philosophies in design, technology, interaction and social media.
- Education in advertising design and conceptual thinking is preferred.
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and accurately within all required aspects of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) as well as presentation software (PowerPoint); any After Effects animation skills will be utilized.
- Bonus skills: illustration, photography, retouching, filmmaking, videography, editorial, animation, HTML.
- Knowing what makes for compelling work – be it on social platforms, in video, or in launch ideas that get talked about, reported on, and pointed to by other agencies with an “I wish we’d thought to do that” envy.
- Experience managing junior creatives and working closely with copywriters and designers.
NOTE: If you are selected for an interview, please come prepared to discuss and showcase your design skills, and walk through your conceptual/strategic creative approach to assignments (show us how your brain works). Use whatever work or case studies necessary to best represent these areas of expertise.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.