Senior Manager, Social Impact
San Francisco, California, United States
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated Senior Manager to join our Social Impact practice in San Francisco. This position is responsible for being the day-to-day client lead, driving success of the client relationship, including meeting client objectives within given budgets, and motivating the team to meet goals.
What You Will Be Doing
- Contribute to the design and implementation of purpose and ESG campaigns on behalf of corporate, foundation, nonprofit and association clients
- Develop and execute integrated marketing and communications programs across earned, paid and owned media
- Project manage cross-functional teams, ensuring we deliver our best work and exceed client expectations
- Develop a range of external and media materials including press releases, key message documents, pitches, social media content, etc.
- Understand and monitor the evolving social and environmental issues that affect our clients and their stakeholders
- Manage and build relationships with media
- Mentor and coach junior team members
- 6-7 years public relations or communications experience, particularly in corporate media relations
- Agency experience is strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proven creative and strategic thinking experience
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.